QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, SC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6290 Fiber Optic Mirror A/B Switch, SC Duplex, Single Mode with RS232 & Contact Closure Remote
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) SC Duplex, Single Mode, Fiber Optic rear panel connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Front-panel pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel red LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE PORT: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts RS232 Serial Data or Contact Closure for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50-60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- WAVELENGTH: 1300nm.
- FIBER SIZE: 9/125.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop: 8.15"W x 3.10"H x 7.27" D. (20.8 x 7.9 x 18.5 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 1.8 lbs. (0.8 kg)
SC DUPLEX, SINGLE MODE A/B APPLICATION w/RS232 Serial Commands & CONTACT CLOSURE REMOTE:
The drawing illustrates a Fiber Optic Network connected to the SC Duplex, Single Mode COMMON port with access to two other Fiber Optic Networks connected to the SC Duplex, Single Mode A and B ports, respectively. The unit switch position can be controlled using RS232 ASCII or Contact Closure signals via the DB9 REMOTE port. The ASCII RS232 commands can be used to lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- Local control via front panel pushbutton
- The REMOTE port accepts both RS232 ASCII commands and Contact Closure to control switch position. Additionally, the REMOTE port accepts RS232 ASCII commands to lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- All A, B, and COMMON ports are SC Duplex, Single Mode, 9/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 1300nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
- When power is lost, the switch will maintain its position and continue to pass data.
- When power is restored, the unit will retain the same position in which it was at power down.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified, SC fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The QuickSwitch® 6290 Single Channel SC Duplex A/B Switch with RS-232 & Contact Closure Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the "COMMON" port, between two other devices, connected to the "A" and "B" ports. The QuickSwitch® 6290 is packaged in a compact desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled manually via a front panel pushbutton or remotely from the RS232 Serial port (DB9) located on the rear of the unit. Switch position status may be attained via the front panel LED display or the REMOTE port located on the rear of the unit.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 6290 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our FIBER OPTIC CABLE Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online custom product request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Interfaces include: SC, ST, LC, and ESCON. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica , switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.