QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, ST Simplex
QuickSwitch® 6281 Dual Channel Fiber Optic ST Simplex A/B/C/D Switch with Telnet
Ideal for all optical signal switching and routing applications.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (5) ST Simplex female connectors on rear panel, A, B, C, D and COMMON, for each channel.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (4) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (4) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts 10/100 Base-T LAN access Ethernet for Remote Control operation.
- POWER SUPPLY: The QuickSwitch® 6281 is powered by its own internal power supply. Plug the IEC 60320 C14 inlet on the rear of the unit into a 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz receptacle.
- DIMENSIONS WITHOUT EARS: 16.75" W x 1.75" H x 10.63" D. (42.5 x 4.4 x 27.1 cm)
- DIMENSIONS WITH EARS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 10.63" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 27.1 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.7 lbs. (2.2 kg)
OPTIONAL RACKMOUNT BRACKETS:
Optional Rackmount Brackets allow the Model 6281 switch to be mounted in a 19" rack enclosure. The brackets are "Field-Installable". To order the 1.75" brackets, request: Model 2959, Cat. No. 512959.
QuickSwitch® 6281 FIBER OPTIC ST SIMPLEX A/BC/D NETWORK APPLICATION w/TELNET:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON Fiber Optic Network connected to the ST Simplex COM port with access to four other Fiber Optic Networks connected to the ST Simplex Fiber ports labeled A, B, C and D, for each of two channels. Both channels switch simultaneously. A password protected RJ45 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet allows the user to control the unit remotely via Telnet Commands. The unit is IP addressable!
- Each channel allows access to any one of four separate ST fiber optic networks from one COMMON fiber optic network.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology and support Gigabit data rates.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Simultaneous control of both channels.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet environment.
- IP Addressable.
- Remote Control Telnet command interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected, where the password protection can be disabled.
- Front-panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- All A,B,C,D, and COM ports are ST Simplex, Single mode, 9/125 micron, and support a wavelength of the 1270-1625nm.
- EMI power inlet filter reduces the effect of power supply noise.
- Slide rails can be mounted to side panels in place of rackmount brackets.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified, ST fiber optic cables available for your installation.
The QuickSwitch® 6281 Dual Channel Fiber Optic ST Simplex A/B/C/D Switch with Telnet allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the "COMMON" port among four other devices connected to the "A", "B", "C", and "D" ports, with each of its two channels. Remote Control access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection and Telnet commands. The QuickSwitch® 6281 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack. The enclosure is specially designed to resist shock and vibration.
TO READ THE ARTICLE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.