QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, LC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6255 Quad Channel LC Duplex A/B Switch with Telnet and GUI
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) LC duplex female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON for each of the 4 channels.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (4) Manual pushbuttons allow independent channel control. One pushbutton per channel.
- DISPLAY: (8) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts 10/100 Base-T LAN access Ethernet for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 3.5 " H x 10.75" D. (48.3 x 8.9 x 27.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.7 lbs. (2.2 kg).
QUICKSWITCH® 6255 QUAD CHANNEL LC DUPLEX A/B APPLICATION w/TELNET & GUI:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the LC Duplex COMMON Port with access to two other devices connected to the LC Duplex A and B ports for each of four channels. The Remote port is an RJ45 10/100Base-T Lan Access for remote control of the unit via GUI commands for Independent Channel Control and Gang Controls for simultaneous channel switching.
QuickSwitch® 6255 Fiber Optic Network Switch Features:
- Each of four channels allows quick connection to any one of two LC interface devices from one COMMON device.
- RoHS Compliant
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Switch powers up to last known position.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- Independent control via four front panel pushbuttons.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100-Base-T LAN Ethernet environment. IP Addressable!
- Remote Control Telnet command Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Graphical User Interface allows the user to control switch position via Independent Control of Simultaneous Control.
- Front panel LED's for display the present position for each channel as well as power status.
- All A, B, and COM ports are LC, Multimode, 62.5/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 850nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
The QuickSwitch® 6255 Quad Channel LC Duplex A/B Switch with Telnet and GUI allows a device connected to the COM port access to the A or B port for each channel. The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the RJ45 Remote Control port located on the rear of the unit. The RJ45 Remote port provides control through Telnet commands and allows the user to both control and monitor the switch position remotely. The Graphical User Interface is also accessible through the RJ45 Remote port. The front panel LED display indicates the position for each channel and the unit power status.
The QuickSwitch® 6255 is enclosed in a 2U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the QuickSwitch® 6255 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.6 and above.
Figure 1: GUI in a Standard Web Browser.
SOFTWARE FEATURES: (Graphical User Interface)
- Independent Channel Control:
- Independently switch position for Channels 1, 2, 3, and 4.
- Independently lock and unlock individual front panel pushbuttons for Channels 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Gang Control:
- Simultaneously switch positions for all channels via Gang Control.
- Simultaneously lock and unlock all four front panel pushbuttons via Gang Control.
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- The User’s can change the switch's IP address.
- LAN access gives the user across the LAN or over the internet access to control the QuickSwitch® 6255 via the GUI, if the user network is configured accordingly.
CHANGE POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the position for individual channels, click on the radio button "A", or "B" as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" checkbox.
Figure 2: Independently change the position and lockout from the GUI for each of four channels.
USING THE GANG CONTROL
Gang controls can be used to change the position or state of all channels simultaneously. When all 4 channels are in the same position or state, that position or state will be selected by the gang controls. If any one of the channels is in a different position or state, that respective gang control will not have either option selected.
Figure 3: Gang Controls from the GUI allow simultaneous channel switching as well as locking and unlocking all four channels.
TO READ THE ARTICLE EITHER CLICK THE LINK: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.