QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch
QuickSwitch® 6284 Fiber Optic ESCON A/B Mirror Switch with Remote Control
|QuickSwitch® 6284 Specifications:
- CONNECTORS: Ports A, B and COMMON are Fiber Optic ESCON duplex ports.
- FIBER OPTIC PORT INTERFACE: Ports A, B and COMMON are fiber optic ESCON duplex ports that accept standard fiber optic ESCON duplex connectors.
- REMOTE PORT INTERFACE: RS-232 (DB9) serial port, 9600 Bps, locatedon rear of unit, may be connected to any standard RS-232 port or computer.
- CONTROLS: Manual pushbutton or via remote DB9 RS-232 serial port.
- DISPLAY: Front panel LED or computer terminal via remote port.
- POWER: 115 VAC / 60 Hz, wall mount supply
- DIMENSIONS: 3" H x 8" D x 8" W
- WEIGHT: 2.8 lbs.
Electro Standards Laboratories' QuickSwitch® 6284 enables a device connected to the COMMON port to access either two separate Fiber Optic networks via duplex ports. This cutting-edge switch utilizes MEMS-based (Micro Electro Mechanical System) multimode switches. The switch position of the QuickSwitch® 6284 can be controlled manually via a front panel pushbutton or remotely using the RS-232 serial port located on the rear of the unit. Once connected to the remote port, the computer can use any common terminal emulation software to manipulate the controls and monitor the switch position.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch Features:
- Access either of two ESCON Fiber Optic networks from one computerconnected to an ESCON COMMON port.
- MEMS-based (Micro Electro Mechanical System) 1300nm multimode mirror switch, 62.5/125 micron.
- Manual control by front-panel pushbutton.
- Remote control through RS-232 (DB9) serial port.
- Switch position displayed on front panel LED or on computer terminal via remote port
- Insertion losses are less than 1.0 dB
- The switched Fiber Optic ESCON ports are transparent to all data.
- The M6284 A/B switch retains its current position in the event of a power failure.
(Enterprise Systems Connection) is an optical serial interface between IBM mainframe computers and periperal devices such as storage and tape drives. ESCON is capable of half-duplex communication at a rate of 16 MB/second over distances of up to 43 kilometers.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details.
QuickSwitch® ® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our On-Line Custom Fiber Optic Switch Form: /Products-Custom/Fiber-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all of your Fiber Optic Cable requirements. Please click here to reach our Fiber Optic Cables Webpage.
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.