Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB15
Model 4522 DB15 A/B Switch with Exclusive Contact Closure Remote
Operates on 24 VDC Supplied to Unit.
Ideal for marine applications requiring operation of 24 volts DC.
Switches all 15 pins. Allows compatibility with All DB15 interfaces.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB15 female connectors A, B, and COMMON.
- SHIELDING: A ground stud on the rear panel provides conductive access to the shielded aluminum enclosure.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts Contact Closure signaling for Remote Control operation.
- Operation Temperature: 0°C to 50°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Humidity: 10% to 90% without condensation
- POWER: 24 VDC power is required to be supplied across pins 7 & 8 of the DB9 connector.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop, 8.10" W x 2.17" H x 7.27"D.
- (20.6 x 5.6 x 18.5 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 1.8 lbs (0.8 kg)
DB15 A/B APPLICATION WITH EXCLUSIVE REMOTE CONTROL OPERATION:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON Device connected to the DB15 COMMON port with access to two other devices. Device A is connected to the DB15 A port and Device B is connected to the DB15 B port. A REMOTE Device and 24 VDC Power are connected to the DB9 Remote port for Exclusive Remote Control of the switch position via Contact Closure signaling.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two DB15 devices from one COMMON DB15 device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (15) pins of the DB15 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Remote control operation only. No local control.
- Powered by 24 VDC, required to be supplied across pins 7 and 8 of the REMOTE port.
- Remote Contact Closure control provides dry contact logic to all the control of the switch position.
- Front panel LED's display position and power status.
- The unit reverts to the A position on power down and continues to pass data.
- On power up, the unit maintains its position.
- Ground stud on rear panel to provide single point chassis connection for shielding.
- Mounting holes provided on the bottom of the unit for securing the unit in a fixed location.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Rubber feet provided for desktop applications.
- Custom length DB15 cables avialable for you switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 4522 is a Single Channel DB15 A/B Switch with Contact Closure Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the "COMMON" port, among two other devices, connected to the "A" and "B" ports, with remote access functionality. The Model 4522 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled remotely from the DB9 Contact Control Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and power status.
Custom length DB15 cables available for your switch installation.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 4522 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.