Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, X.21 Interface DB15
Model 7224 X.21 Interface DB15 A/B Switch, Serial Remote Control
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB15 (F) Connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL Approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 7.75" W x 2.0" H x 7.25" D. (19.7 x 5.1 x 18.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 2.5 lbs, (1.13 kg)
DB15/X.21 Interface A/B APPLICATION with SERIAL REMOTE:
- X.21 Interface DB15 AB Switch with a DB9 RS232 Serial Remote Control.
- Ideal for Remote Control Applications.
The drawing illustrates a COMMON Device connected to the DB15 COMMON port with access to Device A and Device B, connected to the DB15 A port and DB15 B port, respectively. A Remote Computer is connected to the DB9 Remote port. The DB9 port can receive Serial RS232 ASCII commands for Remote Control Operation of the Model 7224.
- Model 7224 allows quick connection to any one of two DB15X.21 Interface devices from one COMMON device.
- All (15) pins of the DB15 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Pushbutton operation requires pushbutton to be held for a configurable amount of time.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Remote RS232 ASCII Commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, set pushbutton duration, and obtain switch status.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB15 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7224 Single Channel DB15 X.21 Interface A/B Switch allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the "COMMON" port, among two other devices, connected to the "A" and "B" ports, with remote access functionality. The Model 7224 is enclosed in a slim desktop enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 (female) Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The user may set a duration period which will require the operator to hold down the pushbutton for a period of time in order to change the switch position. If the pushbutton is released prior to the duration period, the unit will not change position. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status. All connections are switched simultaneously for a total of 15 pins switched.
WIDE RANGE POWER OPTION AVAILABLE:
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are availabe for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.
Electro Standards’ products are integrated into systems worldwide, including but not limited to:
Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, New Zealand, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, The Netherlands, UAE, UK.