Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, X.21 Interface DB15
Model 7224 DB15 X.21 Interface A/B Switch, Serial Remote Control
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB15 (F) Connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL Approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop 8.10" W x 2.4" H x 7.3" D. (20.5 x 6.1 x 18.6 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.8 lbs, (0.8 kg)
PathWay® Model 7224 X.21 Interface DB15 AB Switch Application with a DB9 RS232 Serial Remote Control.
Ideal for Remote Control Applications.
The drawing illustrates a COMMON Device connected to the X.21 Interface DB15 COMMON port with access to Device A and Device B, connected to the X.21 Interface DB15 A port and X.21 Interface DB15 B port, respectively. The switch may be controlled from a remote location using RS232 Serial Data commands via the DB9 REMOTE port.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two DB15 X.21 Interface devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (15) pins are switched, which includes (12) pins 1-6, 8-13, of the DB15 X.21 interface. All are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, obtain switch status, lock and unlock front panel operations, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED’s display present position and power status.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Attractive all metal, black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB15 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7224 Single Channel DB15 X.21 Interface A/B Switch allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the “COMMON” port, among two other devices, connected to the “A” and “B” ports, with remote access functionality. The Model 7224 is enclosed in a slim desktop enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 (female) Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit.
OPTION WIDE RANGE POWER OPTION: (Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC-240 VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.