PathWay® Model 4509 USB 3.0 A/B Switch with RS232 Serial Remote Control, Desktop
Switch between two PC's 3.0 Type B devices to one COMMON 3.0 Type A device without having to disconnect cables.
Perfect to connect a device to multiple PC's USB 3.0 devices.
- PORT CONNECTORS:
- (2) USB 3.0 Type-B connectors labeled A, B.
- (1) USB 3.0 Type-A connector labeled COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC 50 Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop configuration 8.11" W x 2.39" H x 7.34" D (20.6 x 6.1 x 18.7 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.8 lbs. (0.9 kg)
PathWay® Model 4509 USB 3.0 Application with RS232 Remote Control:
The drawing illustrates a USB device connected to the USB Type A, COMMON port with access to two PC's connected to the USB Type-B, A and B ports. The DB9 port is a Remote control port that accepts ASCII RS232 Serial commands for remote control of the Model 4509.
- The Pathway USB 3.0 Model 4509 allows quick connection to any one of two USB 3.0 interface PC's from one COMMON Device!
- Compatible with Hi-Speed USB 3.0 devices.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All 8 pins of the USB 3.0 Interface are supported.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- The REMOTE RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status as well as, query firmware version number, and query serial number.
- Front panel LED's display the present position and power status.
- Switched A/B/COMMON Port Connectivity - USB Cables: the USB Cable to connect to the A, B, and COM ports of the Model 4509 are recommended to extend no longer than three feet, from each port to its connected host or peripheral device.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
The PathWay® Model 4509 USB 3.0 A/B Switch with Remote Control allows the user the capability of sharing a single device connected to the Common port among two PC's connected to the A and B ports. The Model 4509 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled manually via front panel pushbutton, or remotely from an RS232 serial port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position status may be attained via the front panel LED display or the REMOTE RS232 serial port (DB9) located on the rear of the unit.
For a similar unit, see Model 4508, Catalog# 304508
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC - 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
USB (Universal Serial Bus) is designed to connect peripherals such as, keyboards, mice, scanners, digital cameras, printers, hard disks, and networking components to the PC USB interface.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
This is the switch you need. It has been field-proven! Reliable! It comes complete with Tech Support.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.