Model 4152 Very High Speed Ruggedized Fiber-to-Multi-Point RS485/422/232 Interface Converter
- Ideal for RS485 Multi-Point Application
The Model 4152 is a high speed ruggedized ST Fiber to RS485 / RS422 / RS232 interface converter. Typical operating speeds are up to 1.5 Mbps for RS232 to fiber conversion and up to 5 Mbps for RS485/422 to fiber conversion. When operating in RS485/422 mode, the converter can be configured for 2-wire half duplex or 4-wire full duplex operation.
This Fiber to RS converter provides an industrial solution for applications requiring a single point-to-point or a multi-point communications link over short and long distances. Typical applications include PC to PC long distance communications, factory automation, multi-drop data collection devices, barcode readers, time clocks, scales, data entry terminals, ATMs and serial communications in harsh environments.
The Model 4152 Fiber to Multi-Point Converter is designed to operate from -40°C to 85°C. This Fibre to RS converter features ESD protection circuitry on all receivers and transmitters for both RS232 and RS485/422 interfaces. The power input is protected from transients and features 3kVDC isolation to prevent system ground loops. The Model 4152 media converter can be powered from a wide input range of 10VDC-36VDC, with models also available for other voltage ranges such as 4.5VDC-9VDC and 19VDC-72VDC.
Other features include user selectable fiber polarity, dual DB9 power connectors (board only) for convenience in bussed power applications, TX, RX and Power indicator LEDs. The converter is available as a board only with front mounting threaded brackets for rack mounting in embedded applications, Model 4153 as well as a DIN rail mounted package, Model 4152-DIN. Accessories include DIN rail mounting hardware and various AC input voltage power supplies. These Fiber Converters are ruggedized for commercial and military applications.
Three functions in one unit:
Fiber to RS485 Converter
Fiber to RS422 Converter
Fiber to RS232 Converter
- Fiber Interface:
- Connectors: Fiber Optic ST
- TX Power: -12.5 dBm
- RX Sensitivity: -27.5 dBm
- Optical Budget: 15 dB
- Max. Link Distance with 62.5/125µm fiber:
- 5.35 kM at up to 5 Mbps, 25°C
- 3.75 kM at up to 5 Mbps, -40°C to 85°C
- Wavelength: 820 nm/850 nm, multimode
- Fiber Size: 50/125 µm, 62.5/125 µm, 100/140 µm.
- Fiber Polarity:
- Logical 1 = Light ON/OFF: Jumper Selectable
- Copper Interface:
- Connectors: DB9, Female
- Type: RS232, RS485 (2-wire/4-wire)
- Terminations: RS485 120 Ohm jumper selectable
- Bit Rate (nom.):
- RS232: 0 to 1.5 Mbps
- RS485/422: 0 to 5 Mbps
- Network Configurations:
- RS232: Point-to-Point
- RS485/422 Point-to-Point
Multi-Point (Default 280 uSec TX
(user configurable TX disable time via a single thru-hole resistor)
- Input Power: 10VDC-36VDC std, 4.5VDC-9VDC, 19VDC-72VDC, Other at 1.5W.
- Isolation: 3 kVDC
- Connectors: Dual DB9F for Power Daisy Chaining (board only), DB Power Jack (desktop unit)
- Operating Environment:
- Model 4152 Mechanical (Desktop Unit):
- Model 4152, Cat No: 304152
- Size: 5" x 4.25" x 1.4"
- Weight: 10.1 oz (286g)
- Model 4152-DIN Mechanical (DIN Rail Mounted Unit):
- Model 4152-DIN, Cat No: 304152-DIN
- Size: 5" x 4.25" x 1.4"
- Weight: Approx. 9.8 oz (278g)
- Mounting: 2 Threaded Holes Standard, DIN Rail
- DIN Rail Bracket Size: 2.84" x 1.24" x 0.16"
- DIN Rail Bracket Weight: 0.9 oz (25.5g)
- Model 4153 Mechanical (Board Only):
- Model 4153, Cat No 304153
- Size: 4.8" x 3.9" x 0.63"
- Weight: 3.5 oz (99g)
- Mounting: Mounting Holes, Rt Angle Brackets
Click here to view more of ESL's Media Converters: /Search/?catid=135&category=Interface Converters&filter=
All data switches, fiber optic inferface converters, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices of Fiber Optic Converters online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL Fiber to RS485 Converters, Fiber to RS422 Converters and Fiber to RS232 Converters are available for export.