Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, KVM
Model 4875 Remotely Controllable Special Interface KVM A/B Switch
- Applicable to custom RS422 Keyboard
- REAR PANEL CONNECTORS:
- Keyboard Ports: (3) DB25/F connectors, keyboard ports A/B/COMMON,
supports pins 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 20.
- VGA Monitor: (3) HD15/F connectors, VGA monitor ports, A/B/COMMON,
full VGA interface supported.
- PS/2 Mouse Ports: (3) Mini-Din-6/F connectors, PS/2 mouse ports, A/B/COMMON, full PS/2 interface supported.
- (1) Modular RJ45 connector, Remote port.
- (1) Power jack.
- POWER SUPPLY: Auto-ranging external power module, 90 - 265 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 10 Watts.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (1) pushbutton.
- INDICATORS: (2) Red LED status indicators.
- DIMENSIONS DESKTOP CONFIGURATION: 2.82" H x 7.94" D x 7.25" W (7.2 x 20.2 x 18.4 cm).
- WEIGHT: 2 lbs (0.9 Kg)
- MTBF: 100,000 hours.
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE: 5 - 45 degrees C.
- HUMIDITY: 10% - 90%.
- ALTITUDE: 0 - 7000 ft. above sea level.
KVM SWITCH APPLICATION: The drawing illustrates an RJ45 remote port accepting Contact Closure Signaling using the Model 4856 Single channel remote, or the Model 4855 sixteen channel remote. You can alternatively use your own contact closure device. Access either of two computers or servers from a single KVM device connected to the COMMON port.
- PS/2 mouse port emulation
- Video port signals are regenerated
- Video resolution up to 1920 x 1440
- Video bandwidth 200 MHz
- Custom RS422 keyboard port
- Mouse, Monitor & Keyboard all switched simultaneously
- Supports hot plugging the mouse port
- Switch via front panel pushbutton or remotely via contact closure
The PathWay® Model 4875 AB switch allows the user the capability to access either of two computers from a single set of KVM devices. The keyboard, monitor, and mouse devices are connected to the Common set of ports, and the computers are connected to the A and B set of ports.
The switch position can be controlled manually via front panel pushbutton, or remotely via a simple contact closure connected to the RJ45 Remote port. Remote switching can be achieved by connecting to either of the optional remote units: Model 4856 Single Channel Console Remote (Cat. #302074), or the Model 4855 16 Channel Area Remote unit (Cat. # 302071). Remote switching can also be achieved by connecting to your contact closure device.
Remote port connection details:
If the Model 4875 detects a transition from open to closure and remains closed across pins 2 & 3, the unit will switch to the B position. If the Model 4875 detects a transition from closed to open and remains open across pins 2 & 3, the unit will swtich to the A position.
To read the article: "ADVANCES IN NETWORK SWITCHES", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view this file.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA terms
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our Copper Cable Assemblies webpage
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de réseau, conmutador de red, switch di rete, przelacznik sieciowy, switch de rede, nätverksswitch,