Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB9
Model 7120 Single Channel DB9 A/B Switch with Remote Control Port
Ideal for device sharing applications.
Remote Control via TTL Signaling or Contact Closure.
Optional Remote Toggle Switch Control Cable Available!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB9 (F) port connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts TTL signaling or contact closure switch commands for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL Approved 100VAC-240 VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.22" D
- (48.3 x 4.5 x 20.9 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.2 lbs. (1.9 kg)
DB9 A/B NETWORK APPLICATION WITH AVAILABLE REMOTE TOGGLE SWITCH CONTROL CABLE:
The diagram illlustrates two DB9 interface devices, (Device A, and Device B) sharing a connection to the COMMON DEVICE or NETWORK via the COMMON port. The switch can be remotely controlled using the Remote Control Toggle Cable (Cat No 986479) connected to the REMOTE port or a computer connected to the DB9 REMOTE port.
- Allows quick connection to any two devices from one COMMON devce.
- All (9) pins of the DB9 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays..
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Front panel pushbutton control!
- When the Remote is in use, the front panel pushbutton will be locked out.
- The DB9 Remote port provides access to remotely switch the unit by dry contact open/logic or from a toggle switch.
- Front-panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power up, unit can be switched based on TTL or Contact Closure, or remain in the position it was in at power down.
- Attractive all metal, black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB9 cables available for your switch installation.
- For desktop version, see Model 4135, Cat. No.303135.
The PathWay® Model 7120 Single Channel DB9 A/B Switch allows the user the capability of sharing a single DB9 device, connected to the COMMON port connector, among two other devices connected to the "A" and "B" ports. The interface is made up of DB9 female connectors. The Model 7120 is enclosed in a 1U, full size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The PathWay® Model 7120 switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely using the Remote port on the rear. The Remote port allows the user to control switch position using TTL signaling or using a Remote Toggle Switch, (ESL Cable p/n 986479) connected to the DB9 (female) Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the present position and unit power status. All connectors are switched simultaneously for a total of 9 pins switched.
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Option: Cable 986479 - Remote Toggle Switch Control Cable
- Provides remote toggle switch control for Model 7120
- Includes water resistant mounting of toggle switch
- Cable has compatible connector to Remote Port of Model 7120 on one end,
- and a toggle switch with waterproof mounting boot on the other.
- Cable length is 2.5 ft. (other lengths are available.)
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export. Electro Standards welcomes inquiries from International accounts: commutateur de réseau, conmutador de red, switch di rete, przelacznik sieciowy , switch de rede, nätverksswitch
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.