Interface Converters, Glass Fiber to Copper Interface
Model 4159CC Very High Speed Ruggedized ST Fiber to RS485 / RS422 / RS232 Interface Converter, Conformal Coated (CC), Board Configuration
- Four popular configurations, Fiber-to-Copper Media Converters.
The Model 4159CC is a Conformal Coated Printed Circuit Board (PCB) for military and harsh environments. This Board Unit Glass Fiber to Copper converter is a very high speed ruggedized, protocol independent ST Fiber to RS485/422/232 interface converter.
Typical operating speeds are as follows:
- Up to 1.5 Mbps for RS232 to fiber conversion,
- Up to 5 Mbps for RS485/422 to fiber conversion.
The Model 4159CC Glass Fiber to Copper Interface Converter is designed to operate from -40°C to 85°C. Model 4159 is a member of Electro Standards Laboratories' (ESL) rugged community of glass fiber-to-copper media converters.
The Model 4159CC features protection circuitry on all receivers and transmitters for both RS232 and RS485/422 interfaces. Model 4159/4159CC with front mounted threaded brackets for rack mounting in embedded applications. Model 4159CC is a Conformal Coated Printed Circuit Board (PCB) for military and harsh environments.
The converter is available as a desktop package (Model 4149) with optional DIN rail mounting hardware (Model 4149-DIN).
The unit's power input is protected from transients and features 3kVDC isolation to prevent system ground loops. Model 4159CC can be powered from a wide input range of 10VDC-36VDC, with modules also available for other voltage ranges such as 4.5VDC-9VDC and 19VDC-72VDC.
Other features include user-selectable fiber polarity, TX, TX and Power indicator LEDs. There are also dual DB9 power connectors (M4159/4159CC only) for convenience in bused power applications.
Three functions in one unit:
ST Fiber to RS485 Converter
ST Fiber to RS422 Converter
ST Fiber to RS232 Converter
Block diagram for Model 4149/4149-DIN/4159/4159CC Glass ST Fiber to Copper RS485/422/232 Interface Converter:
- Glass ST Fiber Interface:
- Connectors: Fiber Optic ST
- TX Power: -12.5 dBm
- RX Sensitivity: -27.5 dBm
- Optical Budget: 15 dB
- Max. Link Distance with 62.5/125µm fiber:
- 5.35 km at up to 5 Mbps, 25°C
- 3.75 km at up to 5 Mbps, -40°C to 85°C
- Wavelength: 820 nm/850 nm, multimode
- Fiber Size: 50/125 µm, 62.5/125 µm, 100/140 µm.
- Fiber Polarity:
- Logical 1 = Light ON/OFF: User Selectable
- Copper Interface:
- Connectors: DB9, Female.
- Type: RS485, RS422, RS232
- Terminations: RS485/422 120 Ohm insertable.
- Bit Rate (nom.):
- RS232: 0 to 1.5 Mbps.
- RS485/422: 0 to 5 Mbps.
- Input Power:
- 10VDC-36VDC std,
- Others at 1.5W.
- Isolation: 3 kVDC.
- Connectors: Dual DB9F for Power Daisy Chaining (Board Only, Model 4159, Cat. No. 304159), DC Power Jack (Desktop Unit, Model 4149, Cat. No. 304149)
- Operating Environment:
- Model 4159/4159CC Mechanical (Board Only, Model 4159/4159CC, Cat. No. 304159/304159CC)
- Size: 3.9" x 3.9" x 0.63"
- Weight: 3.5 oz. (99g)
- Mounting: Mounting Holes, Right Angle Brackets
- Model 4149 Mechanical (Desktop Unit, Model 4149, Cat. No. 304149)
- Size: 5" x 4.25" x 1.4"
- Weight: 10.1 oz. (286g)
- Model 4149-DIN Mechanical (DIN Rail Mounted Unit, Model 4149-DIN, Cat No 304149-DIN)
- Size: 5" x 4.25" x 1.4"
- Weight: 10.1 oz. (286g)
- Mounting: 2 Threaded Holes Std. DIN rail.
- DIN Rail Bracket Size: 2.84" x 1.24" x 0.16"
- DIN Rail Bracket Weight: 0.9 oz (25.5g)
Point-to-Point Isolated PC RS485/422/232 Communications Application: Copper Interface to Glass ST Fiber to Copper Interface Conversion
A PC is connected to the DB9 Copper interface of the Model 4149. The Glass ST Fiber port of the Model 4149 is connected to a second Model 4149 Glass ST Fiber port. The second Model 4149 DB9 port is connected to another computer via the DB9 port connector.
Isolated PC RS485/422/232 Communications to Fiber Serial interface / Network Application: Copper Interface to Glass ST Fiber Conversion
A PC is connected to the DB9 Copper interface of the Model 4149. The Glass ST Fiber port of the Model 4149 is connected to a Fiber Serial Interface / Network up to 5 Mbps.
Model 4165/4165-DIN/4166 to Model 4149/4149-DIN/4159/4159CC
Isolated PC USB to RS232/RS485 Communications Serial Interface / Network Application: Copper Interface to Glass ST Fiber to Copper Interface Conversion
A PC is connected to the USB Copper interface of the Model 4165. The Glass ST Fiber port of the Model 4165 is connected to the Model 4149 Glass ST Fiber port. The Model 4149 DB9 port is connected to a Serial Interface / Network up to 3 Mbps.
To view more of Electro Standards' Media Converters, click here: Interface Converters.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our FIBER OPTIC CABLES Webpage, or our COPPER NETWORK CABLES Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online custom product request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: Convertisseurs d'interface, Interfaz de Convertidores, Convertitori di interfaccia, Mediakonwertery, Conversores de Interface.