Energy ActionSystem Model 3312 Lithium Ion Capacitor Development Shelf, Cat#331209
The ActionSystem Model 3312 Lithium Ion Capacitor (LiC) Development Shelf provides a series connection of up to 9 LiC modules (108 LiC cells) along with associated protection, monitoring, and cell balancing circuitry that can be incorporated into a larger system design or used by itself in applications requiring high power, high energy LiC energy storage. LiC Supercapacitor systems are ideal for applications that require bidirectional high power pulses, very low leakage, very high cycle life, and exceptional energy density.
Figure 1 is the Model 3312 product photo of the LiC Supercapacitor Development Shelf. A block diagram of the Lithium Ion Capacitor Development Shelf is shown in Figure 2 below. The series connected LiC modules can be operated between 238VDC and 410VDC. The Capacitor Module Controller provides LiC cell balancing and fault monitoring that is accessible via a CAN bus interface. Overcurrent protection is provided by a series connected fuse. Remote connection of the LiC bank and soft start is accomplished via on-board switches that are controlled through the Fault Monitoring Board. The Fault Monitoring Board has a fiber serial interface to allow for remote control of the switches and remote monitoring of under/over voltage and module over temperature faults. The development shelf is intended to ease the incorporation of LiC modules into a system application. The shelf is designed for easy mounting in a commercially available equipment rack. Custom configurations are available upon request.
Model 3312 LiC Development Shelf Specifications:
- 9 Modules each containing 12 LiCs. 108 total LiC cells
- Each LiC super capacitor: 3300F, ±200A continuous
- Stack Operating Range: 238VDC to 410 VDC, ±200A Cont.
- Stack Capacitance: 30.6F nominal
- Cell Balancing: Integrated with Capacitor Module Controller
- Each Capacitor Module: JMenergy ULTIMO MPA 45G275H
- Capacitor Module Controller: JMenergy NA102, power with 24V, 100mA
- Fuse: Littlefuse L70S175, 175A
- Power Contactor: 500A max, 9-36VDC coil
- Soft Start Switch contacts: 2A max.
- Sensor Feedback:
- Voltage Sensor: Isolated LEM LV-1000
- Current Sensor: LEM LA305-S, Inominal ±300A, Imax ±500A
- Soft Start:
- Resistor: 80Ω, 600W
- Soft Start Switch Current: <2A
- Serial duplex fiber: fault monitor and power contactor, soft start switch control
- CAN Bus: Communications with Capacitor Module Controller
- Dimensions: 22.6"W x 30.4"D x 11"H
- Weight: Approximately 185 lbs.
- Custom Lithium Ion Capacitor Development Shelf Configurations are available to meet your application requirements.