Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5e
Model 7378 Quad-Channel RJ45 CAT 5e OnLine/OffLine Switch, with Contact Closure Remote & Position Feedback
Absolutely NO data passes through the switch when in the OFFLINE position!
The Ultimate FIREWALL!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (8) RJ45 female connectors:
- (2) labeled A and COM for each of four channels.
- REMOTE CONTROL CONNECTOR: (4) DB9 female connectors on rear accept Contact Closure Control and Position Feedback, one for each of four channels.
- FRONT PANEL LED DISPLAY: On the front-panel, (4) Green LED (ONLINE) and (4) Red LED (OFFLINE) indicates switch position and power:
- (1) Green LED and (1) Red LED per channel.
- POWER: Requires customer supplied 24 VDC, 500 mA Power Input. A mating power connector is included with the Model 7378
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.24" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.0 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.8 lbs. (2.2 kg)
PathWay® Model 7378 Quad-Channel RJ45 CAT5e ONLINE/OFFLINE APPLICATION w/Contact Closure & Position Feedback:
The application drawing illustrates four individual RJ45 Cat5e ONLINE/OFFLINE Channels. A device connected to the COM port can be connected or disconnected to the Device connected to the A port for each of four channels.
Each channel has its own DB9 Remote port that can be used to control the unit via Contact Closure signals. Each Remote port can be used to obtain position feedback status for its channel.
- Independently control each of four channels between Online and Offline via four front panel pushbuttons, or from the DB9 Remote ports via four front panel pushbuttons, or from the DB9 Remote ports via Contact Closure signaling.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Upon power up, unit switches based on state of Contact Closure.
- Upon power loss, all four channels switch to the OFFLINE position.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Four DB9 Remote ports, one for each of four channels.
- Remote Contact Closure control and status provides dry contact logic to allow the control of the switch position, as well as obtain the present position.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Certified for Cat5e compliance.
- Powered by customer supplied 24 VDC. Mating connector included.
The PathWay® Model Quad Channel RJ45 Cat5e Online/Offline switch with Contact Closure Remote and Position Feedback allows the user the capability of connecting two separate devices, ports A and COM, via an Online or Offline connection for each channel. The Model 7378 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbuttons or remotely from the four DB9 ports (one for each channel) located on the rear of the unit. Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LEDs or by Contact Closure status signals.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.