Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB9, RJ45
Multi Interface Copper Network Switches
Model 7816 Dual 8-to-1 DB9 & RJ45 Cat5e Switch with Telnet Remote
- Simultaneously switches DB9 and RJ45 Cat5e interfaces.
- IP Addressable!
- PORT CONNECTORS:
- (9) DB9 female connectors labeled 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, and COMMON.
- (9) RJ45 female connectors labeled 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (8) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (8) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts 10/100 Base-T LAN access Ethernet for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount 19.0" W x 3.5" H x 10.3" D. (48.2 X 8.9 X 26.2 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 8.0 lbs. (3.7 Kg)
|Wide Range Power Option Available:
| (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet, Ideal for international applications.
DUAL 8-TO-1 DB9 & RJ45 CAT5e SWITCH APPLICATION w/TELNET REMOTE: The diagram illustrates simultaneous switching of the Dual 8-to-1 DB9 and RJ45 Cat5e Switch. A COMMON DB9 Interface device is connected to the DB9 COMMON port with access to 8 other DB9 Interface devices connected to the DB9 ports 1 through 8. A COMMON RJ45 Interface device is connected to the RJ45 COMMON port with access to eight other RJ45 Interface devices connected to the RJ45 ports 1 through 8. The RJ45 REMOTE port is an IP addressable port and accepts 10/100 Base-T LAN access Ethernet Remote commands for Remote operation.
- The DB9 channel allows quick connection to any one of 8 DB9 interface devices from one DB9 COMMON port.
- The RJ45 channel allows quick connection to any one of 8 RJ45 interface devices from one RJ45 COMMON port.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (9) pins of the DB9 Interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 Interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Simultaneous control of DB9 and RJ45 Interface ports.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet environment.
- Remote Control Telnet Command Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status.
- Front panel LED's display the present position and power status.
- RJ45 ports certified for Cat5e compliance.
- Custom length DB9 and RJ45 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7816 Dual 8 to 1 DB9 & RJ45 Cat5e Switch with Telnet Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a device connected to the COMMON port among eight other devices connected to the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 ports, for both the DB9 Interface and the RJ45 Interface. The Model 7816 is enclosed in a 2U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the RJ45 Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The RJ45 Remote port provides control through Telnet Commands and allows the user to both control and monitor the switch position remotely.
Don't Forget to order Your Custom Cables, Custom Length!
PathWay® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.
Electro Standards’ products are integrated into systems worldwide, including but not limited to:
Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, New Zealand, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, The Netherlands, UAE, UK.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.