Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5e, RJ45
Model 7464 8-Channel RJ45 CAT5e A/B Switch with Telnet an GUI
- Switch Eight Channels to an Alternate Path, Simultaneously!
- Ideal for Television Channel Distribution Applications!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (24) RJ45(F) connectors total.
- (8) A ports
- (8) B ports
- (8) COM ports
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection and either TELNET commands or Graphical User Interface for remote operation.
- LED's: (2) labeled A and B, indicate present position and power status.
- CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton for local switch control.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 10.15" D. (48.3 x 4.5 x 25.8 cm)
- WEIGHT: 6.4 lbs. (2.9 kg)
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz in place of standard power module. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications. See Product Accessories Tab.
8-CHANNEL CAT5e A/B SWITCH WITH TELNET & GUI: The diagram illustrates the simultaneous switching of eight channels of Cat5e A/B switching. Each channel has a COMMON device connected to the COM port with access to two other interface devices connected to the A and B ports, respectively. The RJ45 REMOTE port is password protected. The unit can be controlled via the RJ45 REMOTE by use of Telnet commands or the Graphical User Interface.
The PathWay® Model 7464 8-Channel RJ45 Cat5e A/B Switch with Telnet and GUI allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COMMON port among two other devices connected to the A and B ports for each channel. Remote Control access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100BASE-T connection and either Telnet Commands or Graphical User Interface.
The Model 7464 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
- Each channel allows access to two RJ45 Cat5e networks from one COMMON network or device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Simultaneous control of all channels.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100BASE-T LAN Ethernet environment.
- Remote Telnet Command Interface or Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected, where the password protection can be disabled.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Certified for Cat5e compliance.
- Custom length RJ45 Cat5 cables available for your installation.
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7464 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
Figure 1: GUI in a Standard Web Browser
LOGGING into the REMOTE CONTROL GUI
The default password to login to the switch is "111111". The password should be changed to something more secure as soon as the user first connects to the unit. Passwords must be 6 characters long. Note the password can be disabled, and in this case, the login screen will not be seen.
Figure 2: Logging into the GUI.
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position of a channel, click on the radio button for A or B, as desired for each channel. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" or "Unlocked" radio buttons. See Figure 3.
Figure 3: Change the position and lockout from the GUI.
QUERYING THE STATUS OF THE UNIT
Once connected, the GUI will stay up-to-date on the present position and status of the unit. Any changes that are made outside the GUI, such as pushbutton, will be reflected in the GUI. These changes will cause the radio buttons of the GUI to automatically change to show the new status. The GUI will report the source of the most recent change in the botttom left of the panel. See Figure 4.
Figure 4: The GUI is alerted to changes in the unit status.
INFORMATON AND IP CONFIGURATION
The Remote Control GUI also provides access to unit information such as the firmware/software version.
Figure 5: Remote Control GUI Information.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/ Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements.
ElectroClick here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Pathway® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.