Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch
Model 7297 8-to-1 DB25 Switch, with RS232 Serial Remote
Reconfigure data network device connection with this popular "user friendly" switch!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (9) DB25 female connectors labeled A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (8) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (8) Front panel LED's display channel switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 commands for Remote control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/120VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0" W x 3.5" H x 12.0" D. (48.3 x 8.9 x 30.5 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 8.5 lbs (3.9 kg)
PathWay® Model 7297 8-to1 DB25 Switch Application with RS232 Serial Remote:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the DB25 COMMON port. The COMMON device shares between eight devices connected to the A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H ports. The DB9 Remote ports accepts ASCII RS232 serial data commands for remote control operation of the DB25 8 position switch.
- Allows quick connection to any one of eight DB25 interface devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Pins 2 - 25 of DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays. Pin 1 of each DB25 connector is tied to chassis ground.
- All switched signals are passed via latching copper contact relays that maintain their position and continuity even in the event of a power loss or failure.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front-panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB25 cables available for your switch application.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This Product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7297 8-to-1 DB25 Switch, with RS232 Serial Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COM port among eight other DB25 interface devices connected to the A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H ports. The Model 7297 is enclosed in a 2U, full rack size, al metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by the front panel pushbuttons or remotely from a DB9/F port located on the rear of the unit using Serial ASCII Commands. Switch position states may be attained locally via the front panel LED display or remotely using Serial Commands.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7297 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.