Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch
Model 7297 8-to-1 DB25 Switch, with RS232 Serial Remote
Reconfigure data network device connection with this popular "user friendly" switch!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (9) DB25 female connectors labeled A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (8) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (8) Front panel LED's display channel switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 commands for Remote control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/120VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies
12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0" W x 3.5" H x 12.0" D. (48.3 x 8.9 x 30.5 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 8.5 lbs (3.9 kg)
APPLICATION: The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the DB25 COMMON port. The COMMON device shares between eight devices connected to the A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H ports. The DB9 Remote ports accepts ASCII RS232 serial data commands for remote control operation of the DB25 8 position switch.
- Allows quick connection to any one of eight DB25 interface devices from one COMMON device.
- Switches pins 2 - 25. Pins 1 of each DB25 connector is bussed through and tied to chassis ground.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Local control via front-panel pushbuttons.
- Remote control port allows off-site monitoring and switch management.
- The REMOTE port accepts RS232 Serial Data ASCII commands for switch position control and monitoring.
- Front-panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Retains last switch position even in the event of power loss and continues to pass data.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB25 cables available for your switch application.
The PathWay® Model 7297 8-to-1 DB25 Switch, with RS232 Serial Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single DB25 interface device connected to the COM port among eight other DB25 interface devices connected to the A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H ports.The switch may be controlled locally by the front panel pushbuttons or remotely from a DB9/F port located on the rear of the unit using Serial ASCII Commands. Switch position state may be attained locally via the front panel LED display or remotely using Serial Commands.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz in place of the standard 115 VAC or 120 VAC, power module. Ideal for international applications.
This product is offered at a discount to city, state, and municipal government purchasers via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V.
PathWay® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.