Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat6, RJ45
Model 7379 Tri-Channel RJ45 CAT6, POE, 802.3af & 802.3at Compliant Online/Offline Switch, with RS232 Remote
Absolutely NO data passes through the switch when in the OFFLINE position!
The Ultimate FIREWALL!
Switches all 8 pins. Allows compatibility with ALL RJ45 interfaces.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (6) RJ45 female connectors total (A, COM for each of three channels).
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (3) Pushbuttons for local switch control. (1) pushbutton per channel.
- FRONT PANEL DISPLAY: On the front-panel, (3) Green LED (ONLINE) and (3) Red LED (OFFLINE) indicates switch position and power; (1) Green LED, (1) Red LED per Channel.
- REMOTE PORT: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved wall mount 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration, 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.25" D (48.3 x 4.4 x 21.0 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.3 lbs (2.0 kg)
Tri-Channel RJ45 Cat 6, POE, 802.3af & 802.3at Compliant On/Off Switch application:
The drawing illustrates three individual channels to connect or disconnect. Each channel has a "COMMON" port and an "A" port. In each of the three channels the Online position the COMMON Device is connected the Port A Device. In the Offline position, the COMMON Device is disconnected from the Port A device. The DB9 Remote port can be used to connect and disconnect each channel individually or via a Group Control command.
- Independently control each of three channels between Online and Offline via three front panel pushbuttons, or the DB9 Remote port via RS232 Serial commands.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Independent control of channels.
- Remote RS232 commands allow all Channel Group commands.
- Front-panel LED's display the present switch position and power status.
- Certified for Cat6 compliance.
- Certified for POE 802.3af & 802.3at compliance.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length Cat6 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7379 Tri-Channel RJ45 Ca6, POE 802.3af & 802.3at Compliant, Online/Offline Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of connecting two separate devices, ports A and COM, via Online or Offline connection for each channel. The Model 7379 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack. The switch may be controlled manually via a front panel pushbutton or remotely from an RS232 Serial port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position status may be attained via the front panel LED display or the Remote RS232 Serial port located on the rear of the unit.
cat6 compliance gigabit ethernet ports 1000 Mbps
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available!
If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.