Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5e
Model 7374 4-Channel RJ45 CAT5e A/B/OFFLINE Switch, with Telnet and GUI
Switch has "A", "B", and secure "OFFLINE" positions.
“OFFLINE” position blocks out intruders...
- PORT CONNECTORS: (12) RJ45(F) connectors, 3 for each channel labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- COMPLIANCE: Interface meets or exceeds Cat 5e performance.
- CONTROLS: (4) Pushbuttons to select A, B or OFFLINE for each channel.
- DISPLAY: (8) Red LED's display switch position and indicate power presence; two for each channel.
- REMOTE PORT: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts Ethernet 10/100 Base-T connection and either TELNET commands or Graphical User Interface for Remote operation.
- POWER: Wide Range (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module,100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz power module is included with the unit. Has and IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 10.0" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 25.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 6.0 lbs. (2.8 kg)
CAT 5e 4-CHANNEL RJ45 APPLICATION w/TELNET & GUI:
The drawing illustrates four channels of Cat5e A/B/OFFLINE switching. Each channel has a COMMON device connected to the RJ45 COMMON port with access to two other interface devices connected to the RJ45 A and B ports respectively. The OFFLINE position stops any and all data throughput the unit. An RJ45 IP addressable REMOTE port is 10/100Base-T LAN Connection that accepts TELNET commands or a Graphical User Interface to remotely operate the Model 7374.
- Each channel allows access to any one of two Cat5e networks from one COMMON network or device.
- All 8 pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Certified for Cat 5e compliance.
- Local control via front-panel pushbuttons
- Independent control of each channel with Gang Controls.
- Remote Telnet Command Interface or Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet environment.IP addressable.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected, where the password protection can be disabled.
- Front panel LED's display present switch position and power status.
- Switch reverts to the "OFFLINE" position on power loss and isolates all ports.
- Switch remains in the "OFFLINE" position on power up.
- Secure OFFLINE switch position stops any and all data throughput for the unit.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length Cat5e cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7374 4-Channel RJ45 Cat5e A/B/OFFLINE Switch with Telnet and GUI allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COMMON port, among two other devices connected to the A and B ports for each channel. Remote Control access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100 Base-T connection and either Telnet Commands or Graphic User Interface.
The Model 7374 is enclosed in a 1U full rack size, black all metal chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7374 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
Figure 1: GUI in a Standard Web Browser
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position of a channel, click on the radio button A, B, or Offline as desired for each channel. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbuttons can be done by clicking on the "Locked" or "Unlocked" radio buttons for each channel. See Figure 2
Figure 2: Change the position and lockout from the GUI
USING GANG CONTROLS
Gang Controls can be used to change the position or state of all channels simultaneously. When all channels are in the same position or state, that position or state will be selected by the Gang Controls. If one of the channels is in a different position or state, that respective Gang Control will not have either option selected. See Figure 3.
Figure 3: Using Gang Controls in the GUI.
QUERYING THE STATUS OF THE UNIT
Once connected, the GUI will stay up-to-date on the present position and status of the unit. See Figure 4
Figure 4: The GUI is alerted to changes in the unit status.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
This is the switch you need. It has been field-proven! Reliable! It comes complete with Tech Support.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.