Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5e
Model 7349 Dual-Channel CAT5e RJ45 A/B/OFFLINE Switch, 10 BASE-T LAN Access and Scheduled Switching
- Allows user to program switch to change position at scheduled date and time.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (6) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON. (Three for each of the two channels)
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (2) Pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (4) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel labeled REMOTE accepts 10Base-T Ethernet.
- RESET: (1) Reset button for the 10Base-T LAN Ethernet Control port.
- POWER: "WIDE RANGE" CE and UL listed table mount power module (Cat No 518154) 100VAC/240VAC, 50 Hz/60Hz, supplies 5 VDC to the unit. Ideal for international applications.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.17" D". (48.3 x 4.5 x 20.8 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.7 lbs. (2.2 kg)
INDEPENDENT DUAL CHANNEL APPLICATION WITH OFFLINE POSITION: The drawing illustrates independent channel switching for two independent channels. Each channel has a device connected to the COMMON port with access to two devices connected to the A or B ports. For each channel the user can also select an OFFLINE position. The RJ45 Remote port accepts 10-Base-T Lan Ethernet. A user can remotely schedule the unit to change position or lock and unlock front panel at a given date and time (scheduled switching) using the Graphical User Software.
- Each channel allows access to two Cat5e RJ45 networks from one COMMON network or device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Secure Off-Line switch position.
- Unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel push button control.
- Individual control of each channel.
- Control of the switch position from a 10 Base-T LAN ethernet environment.
- Remote Control Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control the switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status.
- Remote control allows the user to schedule unit to change position and lockout front panel operations at a given date and time.
- Scheduled operations can be configured for a single point in time, or for repeating on a daily/weekly basis.
- Certified for Cat5e compliance.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Municipalities, schools government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7349 Dual-Channel CAT 5e RJ45 A/B/OFFLINE network switch with GUI allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the "COMMON" port among two other devices connected to the "A" and "B" ports for each channel. Remote access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10Base-T connection and graphical user interface. The Model 7349 is enclosed is in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7349 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
Figure 1: The GUI in a Standard Web Browser.
- Access User Interface via standard Web browser.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remote access to control or monitor the Model 7349.
- Login password authentication required.
- Four different access levels of users.
- User administration available to the highest level user.
- Ability to change the switch's IP address.
- Ability to schedule switching activity and lockout.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the Internet access to control if user network is configured accordingly.
CHANGING SWITCH POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position for a channel, click on the radio button "A", "B" or "OFF" as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" or "Unlocked" checkbox.
Figure 2: For each channel of the Model 7349 change the switch position & lockout from the GUI.
QUERYING THE STATUS OF THE UNIT
Once connected, the GUI will stay up-to-date on the current position and status of the unit. Any changes that are made outside the GUI, such as by push button, will be reflected in the GUI. These changes will cause the radio buttons of the GUI to automatically change to show the new status.
Figure 3: The GUI is alerted to changes in status. (See Figure 2)
Time synchronization is always an issue in the network environment. The SNMP module includes a real time clock on board. It can keep the correct time even if power is lost. In addition to this, it has the ability to automatically synchronize its time with a standard time server on the Internet using standard NTP protocol if the server has Internet access. (So make sure your configuration of the "Default Gateway" in setup session is correct. Otherwise the server will not be able to synchronize its time).
Figure 4: Time Synchronization
The four levels of remote user access to the Model 7349 are:
- Limited - These types of users can monitor the switch position and settings but not change them.
- Normal - Normal users can change the switch position remotely but not lock/unlock the front panel pushbuttons.
- Power - Power users can remotely change the switch position AND lock/unlock the front panel pushbuttons.
- Root - The root user can remotely change the switch position, lock/unlock the front panel pushbuttons, configure the device settings, and schedule changes to the switch using the schedule management functions.
Figure 5: The User Management System for the Model 7349 allows four levels of remote users.
The Schedule Management panel allows the user to set a date and time for an action to occur on the switch. The user can set an action for either Channel, and can select which position the Channel will go to at a given time. The user can also select to lock/unlock the front panel pushbutton at a given time.
Figure 6: The Schedule Management Screen.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For a custom switch call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.