Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch
Model 7329 8-to-1 RJ45 CAT6 Switch with RS232 Serial Remote
Outstanding Cat6 RJ45 Interface Switching Capability in Only 1U Height!
Applicable to switching ANY RJ45 interface quickly and reliably.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (9) RJ45 female shielded connectors labeled A, B, C, D, E, F G, H and COMMON.
- COMPLIANCE: Interface meets or exceeds Cat6 performance.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (8) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (8) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.37" D. (48.2 x 4.4 x 21.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 5.5 lbs. (2.5 kg)
CAT6 RJ45 8 to 1 SWITCH APPLICATION w/RS232 SERIAL REMOTE:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON Device connected to the RJ45 COMMON port with access to eight other devices connected to the A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H ports, respectively. The COMMON Device has access to connect to any one device at a time from Device A, Device B, Device C, Device D, Device E, Device F or Device H. A computer or workstation is connected to the DB9 Remote port for remotely controlling the switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, query firmware version number, query serial number, enable/disable autosend of switch positions via RS232 ASCII serial data commands.
- Allows quick connection to any one of 8 RJ45 interface devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Certified for Cat6 compliance.
- Attractive all black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length RJ45 Cat6 cables available for your switch installation
The PathWay® Model 7329 Single Channel RJ45 Cat6 8-to-1 Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the “COMMON” port among eight other devices connected to the “A”, “B”, “C”, “D”, “E”, “F”, “G”, and “H” ports, with remote access functionality. Remote Control access can be accomplished using ASCII RS232 commands. The Model 7329 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19” rack.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
SPECIFICATIONS: USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available! If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.