Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch
Model 7320 8-Channel RJ45 CAT6 A/B/C/D Switch with Telnet, GUI, and Cascade Operation
Applicable to ANY RJ45 Transfer Switch Requirement
- PORT CONNECTORS: (40) RJ45 female connectors. (5) labeled A, B, C, D, and COM for each of eight channels.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection and either TELNET commands or Graphical User Interface for Remote operation.
- CASCADE PORTS: (1) RJ45 female connector labeled IN, and (1) RJ45 female connector labeled OUT.
- LED's: (32) indicate present position and power status.(4) LED's for each of eight channels.
- CONTROL: (8) Pushbuttons; (1) for each of eight channels allows local control.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit.Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 10.0" D (48.3 x 4.5 x 25.4 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 8.1 lbs. (3.7 kg)
CAT6 RJ45 A/B/C/D SWITCH APPLICATION WITH TELNET, GUI, & CASCADE OPERATION.
The application drawing shows a COMMON Device connected to the RJ45 COMMON Port with access to four other devices, Device A, Device B, Device C and Device D, connected to the A/B/C/D ports, respectively for each of 8 channels. There is an RJ45 REMOTE port that is IP addressable, 10/100Base-T LAN connection for remote operation via Telnet commands or Graphical User Interface. There are two GANG ports; one for IN and one for OUT.
Network Application Diagram for Model 7320 8-Channel RJ45 Cat 6 A/B/C/D Switch with Telnet, GUI, and Cascade Operation
- Supports (8) channels of A/B/C/D switch function.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Switch maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Individual control of each channel.
- Front panel pushbutton control
- Remote Control of the switch from a 10/100-Base-T LAN Ethernet environment.
- Remote Control Telnet Command interface or Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, control cascaded units, as well as obtain switch status and receive cascade unit status updates.
- Cascade operation allows control of switch position and lockout as well as obtaining status of another unit connected to the cascade ports through the remote Telnet Interface or Graphical User Interface of a single unit.
- Cascade operation is compatible with the Model 7321 (Catalog #307321), and other Model 7320 units.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Cat6 compliance.
- For a 12-Channel unit, See Model 7321, Cat No 307321
The PathWay® Model 7320 8-Channel RJ45 Cat6 A/B/C/D Switch with Telnet, GUI, and Cascade Operation allows the user the capability of sharing a single port RJ45 interface device, connected to the "COMMON" port, among four other devices, connected to the A, B, C, and D ports, for each channel. The Model 7320 is enclosed in a 2U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The unit can be operated by either the front panel pushbuttons or the 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet Remote. The unit also supports cascade operation, where other supported units can be connected and operated through a single remote port interface. The state of the unit can be obtained from the front panel LED's or through the Remote Telnet Commands or Graphical User Interface.
Ethernet Remote Port, I.P. Addressable, with GUI
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the switch's LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
CHANGING SWITCH POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the position of a channel, click on the radio button A, B, C, or D as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbuttons can be done by clicking on the "Locked" or "Unlocked" radio buttons.
Figure 1: Shows the Model 7320 8-channels available for Remote Management using the Graphical User Interface.
NOTE: Since the GUI also supports access for the Model 7321, which is a 12-channel unit, Model 7320 units will show a space for Channels 9-12 that is blocked off. (See Figure 1)
SELECTING A CASCADED MODEL 7321
When a Model 7321 is selected from the cascade, things will be different. Polling, status updates, and even sometimes commands for cascaded units will be a bit slower due to latency and cascade protocol timing requirements. All other operations can be performed as normal. (See Figure 2)
Figure 2: Channels 1-12 are are available, while the 12-Channel Model 7321 is selected as a unit in the Model 7320 GUI.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Pathway® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.