Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5e
Model 7318 16-Channel RJ45/Cat5e A/B Switch with Telnet, GUI Control and Gang Operation
Gang Switch Sixteen Channels to an Alternate Path, Simultaneously!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (48) RJ45 female connectors. Sixteen labeled 1 - 16 in each of the groups A, B, and COMMON.
- GANG IN/OUT CONNECTORS: (1) RJ45 Female IN connector (Gang Control cabled in from previous unit); and (1) RJ45 Female OUT connector (Gang Control cabled out to next unit).
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 connector accepts Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection and either TELNET commands or Graphical User Interface.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (2) Manual pushbuttons allow local A/B switching. (1) Gang pushbutton allows the Gang Mode of the unit to be changed - include/exclude the unit from Gang Control.
- DISPLAY: (2) Red LED's indicate the position, (2) Yellow LED's, one indicates Gang Mode, the other indicates front panel lockout, and (1) Green LED indicates the present power status.
- POWER: UL Approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 3.5" H x 10.0" D. (48.3 x 8.9 x 25.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 8.6 lbs. (4.0 kg)
PathWay® Model 7318 16-Channel RJ45 Cat5e A/B Switch Application w/Telnet, GUI & GANG Operation:
The drawing illustrates 16 channels of RJ45 Cat5e A/B Switching. Each channel has a COMMON device connected to the COM port with access to two devices connected to the A and B ports, respectively. A REMOTE RJ45 LAN Ethernet port is IP addressable and can accept TELNET Commands or Graphical User Interface to remotely control the 16 channels. A Gang IN and a Gang OUT ports allow the user to cascade multiple units for Gang Operation.
- Each channel allows access to two RJ45 Cat5e compliant networks from one COMMON port.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Switch maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power restore, the unit will assume the last set position to which it was commanded
- Simultaneous control of all channels.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote Control of the switch from a 10/100-Base-T LAN Ethernet environment. IP Addressable!
- Remote Control Telnet Command Interface or Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, control cascaded units, as well as obtain switch status and receive cascade unit status updates.
- Cascade Gang operation allows control of switch position and lockout, s well as obtaining status of another unit connected to the Gang ports through the Remote Telnet Interface or Graphical User Interface of a single unit.
- Front panel LED’s display present position, lockout, Gang Mode, and power status.
- Cat5e compliance.
- Gang operation of three units to simultaneously control 16 channels, 32 channels, up to 48 channels.
- Attractive all metal, black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length RJ45 Cat5e cables available for your installation.
- The unit can be configured via its Ethernet port over a LAN connection. If a LAN connection is not available, using the OPTIONAL Ethernet crossover cable (ESL P/N 984228-006), the unit can be configured by direct connection to the Ethernet port of a computer.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC-240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7318 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
Changing Switch Position, Lock State, and Gang State
To change the position of a channel, click on the radio button “A” or “B”, as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbuttons can be done by clicking on the “Locked” or “Unlocked” radio buttons. Selecting the gang state of the switch can be done with the “Gang On” and “Gang Off” radio buttons. When one of these commands is sent, the controls will lose color and will not be interactable for a short time.
Figure 1: Change switch position and lockout front panel via GUI.
Viewing Multiple Units
When another Model 7318 is selected from the drop-down menu, that unit will be displayed with any other units already shown. All units will display their present position with a small delay. Any unit can be removed from the display by using the ‘X’ button and can be viewed again by reselecting it from the drop-down menu. If a unit is in the gang, whether panel is being viewed or not, it will be mentioned in the gang list.
Figure 2: Multiple Model 7318’s displayed in the GUI.
Base price $4,560.00*
*Price for quantity less than (25) unit may have a supplemental charge applied.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
This is the switch you need. It has been field-proven! Reliable! It comes complete with Tech Support.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.