Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, XLR
Model 7299 Eight-Channel XLR Audio A/B/C Switch, with Contact Control Remote Port, 3U Rackmount
Ideal Network Switch for Radio and TV Stations.
Applicable to switching professional Audio, Video and Stage Lighting Equipment.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) XLR female connectors labeled A, B, and C for each of the eight channels. (1) XLR male connector labeled COMMON for each of eight channels.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (3) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts contact closure transition signals for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL Approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz60Hz wall mount power modules supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration, 19.0" W x 5.25" H x 10.0" D. (48.3 x 13.3 x 25.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 8.3 lbs. (3.8 kg)
PathWay® Model 7299 8-Channel XLR Audio A/B/C Switch Application
The drawing illustrates 8 channels of simultaneous switching denoted by the dotted red line. Each channel has a single device connected to the XLR COMMON port which can access three other devices connected to the XLR A, B, and C ports. The DB9 Remote accepts contact closure signaling for remote control operation of the switch.
- Each of eight channels allows access to three XLR interface devices from one COMMON XLR device.
- All eight channels switch simultaneously.
- All (3) pins of the XLR interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- When power is restored, the Model 7299 will check the setting of the Remote Contact control port and move to that setting.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote Contact Closure Control provides dry contact logic to allow control of the switch position and lockout state.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Attractive all metal, black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding
The PathWay® Model 7299 Eight-Channel XLR A/B/C Switch with Contact Control Remote Port allows the user the capability of accessing eight channels of three separate devices, connected to ports A, B, and C, via connection through a device connected to the COMMON port for each channel. The Model 7299 is enclosed in a 3U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED's.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.