Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, MDR/MXR
Multi Interface Copper Network Switches
Model 7296 Dual MDR/MXR A/B Switch with RS232 Serial Remote
- Switches multiple MDR and MXR ports, simultaneously
- PORT CONNECTORS:
- (6) MDR 26-pin, Receptacle labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- (6) MXR 6-pin, Receptacle labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) USB Type-A female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL Approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D. (48.2 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 5.0 lbs. (2.3 kg).
APPLICATION: The Model 7296 drawing illustrates two channels of MDR and two channels of MXR switching. Each MDR channel has a MDR device connected to the COMMON port accessing two other MDR devices connected to ports A and B. Each MXR channel has a MXR device connected to the COMMON port accessing two other MXR devices connected to ports A and B. All MDR and MXR channels are switched simultaneously. To remotely control the switch a USB REMOTE port accepts Serial Data ASCII RS232 commands.
- Each MDR channel allows access to two MDR devices from one COMMON device.
- Each MXR channel allows access to two MXR devices from one COMMON device
- Switches all 6 pins of the MXR interface.
- Switches 1-20 of the MDR interface.
- All 4 channels switch simultaneously.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- The REMOTE port accepts RS232 Serial Data ASCII commands for switch position control and monitoring.
- Front-panel pushbutton control can be locked out, remotely.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Retains last switch position in the event of a power loss and continues to pass data.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7296 Dual MDR/MXR A/B Switch with USB Serial Remote allows the user the capability of sharing 2 single port MDR interface devices and 2 single port MXR interface devices connected to the COMMON port among two other devices connected to the A and B ports, with remote access functionality. Remote Control access can be accomplished using ASCII serial commands.
Option: Wide Range Power Module Available:
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz in place of standard power module. Has IEC 600320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.