Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, RJ45
Model 7232 Single Channel RJ45 A/B Wall Mount Switch with Remote Serial Control
- CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- CONTROLS: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LEDs display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 Female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote control operation.
- POWER: UL Approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- PACKAGING: All aluminum case provides EMI/RFI shielding in noisy environments.
- DIMENSIONS: 8.15" w x 2.89' H x 7.27" D (20.8 x 7.4 x 18.5 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 1.7 lbs (0.8 kg)
RJ45 A/B SWITCH WALL MOUNT APPLICATION WITH SERIAL REMOTE: The Model 7232 drawing illustrates a COMMON Network or COMMON Device connected to the COMMON port with access between Network A/Device A and Network/Device B connected to the RJ45 A and B ports respectively. The DB9 Remote port accepts RS232 ASCII commands so the user can remotely control the switch.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two devices from one COMMON device.
- The PathWay® Model 7232 AB network switch ports are transparent to data speed and format.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Front panel LEDs display present position and power status.
- Remote Control Lockout of front panel pushbutton.
- Wall mount style case, key-shaped mounting holes on bottom cover.
- Custom length RJ45 cables are available.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7232 Single Channel RJ45 A/B switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the "COMMON" port among two other devices connected to the "A" and "B" ports, with remote access functionality. The Model 7232 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB9 Female Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are availabe for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.
Electro Standards’ products are integrated into systems worldwide, including but not limited to:
Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, New Zealand, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, The Netherlands, UAE, UK.