QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, LC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 7188 4-Channel Fiber Optic A/B Switch, LC Duplex with Ethernet and RS232 Remote Control
- PORT CONNECTORS: (12) Fiber Optic LC duplex, multimode connectors labeled A, B, and Common.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (4) Front panel pushbuttons allow selection of switch position.
- DISPLAY: (8) Front panel LED's display switch position, and power status.
- PRIMARY REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts 10/100 Base-T LAN access Ethernet that uses both Telnet commands and a GUI interface for remote control operation.
- SECONDARY REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9(F) connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for remote control operation.
- FIBER SIZE & WAVELENGTH: Multimode, 62.5/125 micron, 1300 nm.
- POWER: (Cat No. 522484) UL approved wall mount 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz power module supplies 5VDC, 8A to the unit. Has 2-prong, US non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.00" W x 10.0" D x 3.5" H (48.3 x 25.4 x 8.9 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 7.5 lbs (3.4 kg).
INDEPENDENT FOUR CHANNEL FIBER OPTIC A/B LC DUPLEX APPLICATION: (Two Remote Ports)
LC Duplex, 4 Channel AB fiber optic switch with a primary remote (RJ45 10/100 Base-T, IP addressable, GUI Interface) and a secondary remote (DB9 ASCII RS232 Serial data for Supervisory Remote).
The diagram illustrates a COMMON device connected to the COMMON port with access to Device A connected to LC Duplex port A and Device B connected to LC Duplex port B for each of the four channels. The Primary Remote Control is an RJ45 port that is 10/100 Base-T Ethernet and is IP addressable. The Secondary Remote Control is a DB9 port that accepts ASCII RS232 commands.
- Access either of two LC Duplex Fiber Optic Networks from one computer connected to an LC Duplex COMMON port for each of two channels.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Independent front panel pushbutton control for each channel.
- Front panel LED's display present position for each channel and power status.
- The switch has (2) Remote Control ports.
- The primary Remote-Control port is an RJ45 10/100 Base-T Ethernet Remote Port that accepts both Telnet commands and a GUI interface. IP Addressable.
- The secondary Remote-Control port is a DB9(F) that accepts RS232 Serial ASCII commands.
- When power is lost, unit isolates all communication ports and does not pass data.
- When power is restored, the unit automatically switches to the last known position.
- All fiber optic ports are LC Duplex Connectors, Multimode, 62.5/125 micron, support a wavelength of 1300nm, and support speeds of 100Mbps.
The QuickSwitch® 7188 4-Channel Fiber Optic LC Duplex A/B Switch with Ethernet and RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the Common port among two other devices connected to the A and B ports for each channel. Remote Control access can be accomplished via the RJ45(F) Remote port using an Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection and either Telnet commands or graphical user interface, or can be accomplished via the DB9(F) Remote port using RS232 serial commands.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front-panel pushbutton. The front-panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
SOFTWARE FEATURES: (Graphical User Interface)
- Independent Channel Control:
- Independently switch position for Channels 1, 2, 3, and 4.
- Independently lock and unlock individual front panel pushbuttons for Channels 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Gang Control:
- Simultaneously switch positions for all channels via Gang Control.
- Simultaneously lock and unlock all four front panel pushbuttons via Gang Control.
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- The User’s can change the switch's IP address.
- LAN access gives the user across the LAN or over the internet access to control the QuickSwitch® 7188 via the GUI, if the user network is configured accordingly.
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the QuickSwitch® 7188 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.6 and above.
Figure 1: GUI in a Standard Web Browser.
CHANGE POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the position for individual channels, click on the radio button "A", or "B" as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" or "Unlocked" radio buttons.
Figure 2: Independently change the position and lockout from the GUI for each of four channels.
USING THE GANG CONTROL
Gang controls can be used to change the position or state of all channels simultaneously. When all 4 channels are in the same position or state, that position or state will be selected by the gang controls. If any one of the channels is in a different position or state, that respective gang control will not have either option selected.
Figure 3: Gang Controls from the GUI allow simultaneous channel switching as well as locking and unlocking all four channels.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7188 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
TO READ THE ARTICLE EITHER CLICK THE LINK OR APPLICATION ICON AT TOP OF PAGE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.