QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, LC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6296 Single Mode LC Duplex Fiber Optic Bypass Switch
- PORT CONNECTORS: (4) LC Duplex, Angled Polished connectors labeled A, B, C, and D.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- POWER: 48VDC power to be suplied by user. Current: 30mA (peak/inrush); 10mA (nominal).
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount Configuration 19.0"W x 1.75" H x 8"D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 4.5 lbs. (2.0 Kg)
- FIBER SIZE: 9/125 micron, Single Mode.
- WAVELENGTH: 1310 nm - 1610 nm.
Powering the QuickSwitch® 6296:
The QuickSwitch® 6296 requires 48VDC to operate. A 48VDC power supply can be connected by terminating the power supply with the Phoenix Connector Kit provided (P/N 518221). The kit includes document number 521183 Al, detailing the wiring instructions in order to make the proper connections.
APPLICATION: Normal / Bypass Fiber Optic, LC duplex, single mode switch.
NORMAL MODE: Inserts an "in-series" type device or terminal into the network.
BYPASS MODE: Removes an "in-series" type device or terminal from the network.
See switch function below:
The QuickSwitch® Model 6296 Single Mode LC Duplex Fiber Optic Bypass Switch supports connection into a network (NORMAL) or disconnection from a network (BYPASS) of an "in-series" type device or terminal.
- Ideal for inserting or removing devices that are concatenated, linked together in a chain or series.
- This mirror switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- Normal Position connects A to B, and connects C to D allowing equipment connected to the B and C ports to be brought into the network.
- Bypass Position connects A directly to D, isolating equipment connected to ports B and C from the network.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- When power is lost, unit reverts to the Bypass position.
- When power is restored, the unit automatically switches to the Normal position.
- All fiber optic ports are LC Duplex Angle Polished Connectors, Single mode, 9/125 micron, and support a wavelength range of 1310nm - 1610nm.
- MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology supports Gigabit data rates.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This network switch is on
GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V.
QuickSwitch® ® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
This product is offered at a discount to city, state, and municipal government purchasers via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our On-Line Custom Fiber Optic Switch Form: /Products-Custom/Fiber-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all of your Fiber Optic Cable requirements. Please click here to reach our Fiber Optic Cable Categories Webpage:
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.