QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, ST Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6272 ST Duplex Fiber Optic Mirror A/B Switch with Remote Serial Control
- WAVELENGTH: 1300 nm
- FIBER SIZE: 62.5/125 micron
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) ST duplex fiber optic rear panel connectors, labeled A, B, COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: Front panel pushbutton allows local switching.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- DISPLAY: (2) Red LEDs display switch position and power status.
- POWER: UL Approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.55" D, (48.3 x 4.4 x 21.8 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.5 lbs (2.1 kg).
QuickSwitch 6272® ST Duplex Fiber Optic A/B Application w/RS232 Serial Remote Control:
QuickSwitch® 6272 ST Duplex Fiber Optic Mirror A/B Switch with Remote Serial Control is an ideal backup switch for high-speed requirements.
The application drawing illustrates a COMMON Fiber Optic Network connected to the ST Duplex COMMON port with access to two other Fiber Optic Networks (Network A, Network B) connected to the ST Duplex Fiber Optic ports, A and B, respectively. A DB9 Remote port allows the user to remotely control the Fiber Optic network switch via RS232 Serial commands.
- Access any one of two separate fiber optic networks from one computer or network.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology and supports Gigabit data rates.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED’s display present position and power status.
- All A, B, and COM ports are ST Duplex, Multi-mode, 62.5/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 1300nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
- Eliminates need to plug/unplug fiber optic patchcords.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified, ST fiber optic cables available for your switch installation
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
- Need a similar switch, but with an 850 nm wavelength? See Model 6273, Catalog No. 306273.
The QuickSwitch® 6272 ST Duplex Fiber Optic A/B Switch with Remote Serial Control allows the user the capability of accessing two separate devices, ports A and B via connection through a device connected to the Common port with remote functionality. The QuickSwitch® 6272 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB9 Female Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and the unit power status.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 6272 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our FIBER OPTIC CABLE Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online custom product request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Interfaces include: SC, ST, LC, and ESCON. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica , switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.