QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, ST Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6253 Quad Channel ST Duplex A/B Switch with Voltage/Contact Closure Remote
Field Proven, highly reliable, MEMS-based mirror/prism optical switching.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (12) ST Duplex fiber optic connectors provides A, B, and COMMON connector for each of four channels. (24 ST fiber connectors total).
- REMOTE PORT: DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts voltage/contact closure signaling for Remote operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DISPLAY: (2) Red LED's indicate switch position, status and power.
- CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton control, front panel, allows local switching.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration
- 19.0" W x 3.5" H x 8.73" D. (48.3 x 8.9 x 22.2 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 5.7 lbs. (2.6 kg)
QuickSwitch® 6253 Quad Channel ST Duplex Application with Remote via Voltage / Contact Control:
The drawing illustrates a 4 channel ST Duplex A/B switch with Fiber Optic Network connected to the COM port with access to two other Fiber Optic Networks for each of four channels. The DB9 Remote port can be used to control the switch via Voltage Level Logic. The unit supports a wavelength of 850 nanometers.
- Each channel allows access to two fiber optic networks from one fiber optic network device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism technology.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Simultaneous control of all channels.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote Voltage control provides Voltage Level Logic to allow the control of the position as well as a set of dry contacts for obtaining the present position.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- All A, B, and COM ports are ST, Multi-mode, 62.5/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 850 nm.
- The fiber ports are configured in a straight through scheme, where the TX is routed to the TX of the A/B ports, and the RX is routed to the RX of the A/B ports.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified ST duplex fiber optic cables available for your installation.
- For a similar unit with 1300 micron, see QuickSwitch® 6257, Cat No 306257.
QuickSwitch® 6253 Quad Channel ST Duplex A/B Switch with Voltage/Contact Closure Remote allows the user the capabillity of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the COMMON port, among two other devices, connected to the A and B ports, with remote access functionality. The QuickSwitch® 6253 is enclosed in a 2U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB9 Custom Remote Control port located on the rear of the unit. The DB9 Remote port provides control by signal transition logic and allows the user to both control and monitor switch position remotely. The front panel LED display indicates all of the switch positions and unit power status.
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our FIBER OPTIC CABLE Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online custom product request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Interfaces include: SC, ST, LC, and ESCON. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica , switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.