Remotely Controllable (COS) Code Operated Switch, RJ45
Model 4406 Single Channel RJ45 A/B Switch with RS232 Remote
Field Proven, high reliability!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45(F) connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accept ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug. (Cat No 516682)
- DIMENSIONS: 5.45" W x 2.3" H x 7.7" D. (13.9 x 5.9 x 19.6 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.2 lbs, (0.6 kg)
PathWay® Model 4406 RJ45 A/B SWITCH APPLICATION w/RS232 REMOTE:
The drawing illustrates a Network or COMMON device connected to the RJ45 COM port with access to Network or Device "A" connected to RJ45 port "A", and Network or Device "B" connected to the RJ45 port "B". The RJ45 Remote port accepts commands from a Control Device connected to the Remote port via ASCII RS232 Serial data commands.
- Allows access to two networks from one COMMON network or device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, obtain switch status, query model number and firmware version number.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length RJ45 cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay Model 4406 Single Channel RJ45 A/B Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the "COMMON" port, among two other devices, connected to the "A" and "B" ports, with remote access functionality. The Model 4406 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the RJ45 Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 4406 Single Channel RJ45 A/B Switch w/RS232 Remote Control unit is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.