Model 8581 2 x 3 Manual Matrix Switch, Desktop
- Ideal for sharing peripherals or backup data line. Easily switches two inputs to three outputs!
The Model 8581 allows two devices labeled A and B to share a backup channel or a backup peripheral. Its standard configuration is desktop. This is considered to be a matrix switch that can be custom-modified to connect the two input ports A and B to the output ports 1, 2, and 3 in a variety of configurations.
There are six possible combinations between inputs and outputs.
They are: (A-1, B-2) (A-1, B-3) (A-2, B-1) (A-2 B-3) (A-3, B-1) (A-3, B-2).
The three selected as standard for this model are: (A-1, B-3) (A-1, B-2) (A-3, B-2).
Any three combinations are optionally available.
- Allows quick access to a shared backup channel or a shared peripheral for either one of two input devices labeled A and B.
- Manual operation via front-panel rotary switch.
- All 9 pins of the DB9 interface are switched.
- High quality sealed switch with self-wiping low impedance contacts.
- Tranparent to data speed and format.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Rugged aluminum packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- No external power is required.
- Monitor port supplies switch position info via contact closure.
- Improves computer network efficiency by allowing sharing of backup data line or peripherals.
- Custom switch position labeling and custom wiring optionally available.
- Custom length DB9 cables available for your switch installation.
- Lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects.
- Municipalities, schools, government: On GSA Schedule!
- PORT CONNECTORS ON REAR PANEL:
(2) DB9 male input ports, labeled A, B.
(3) DB9 female output ports, labeled 1,2,3.
- MONITOR PORT ON REAR PANEL:
(1) RJ45 female switch status port, labeled MONITOR
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Three position rotary selector, labeled A, NORMAL, and B. Custom labeling available.
- POWER: No power required. Manually operated.
- DIMENSIONS: 8.0" W x 2.5" H x 8.0" D.
(20.3 x 6.35 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.5 lbs. (0.7 Kg)
High Quality Manual Data Network Switches Increase the Reliability of Your Network!
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details.
Custom Network Data Switches are available. Contact us by phone, email, or complete the Online Custom Products Form. /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
APPLICATION: The drawing illustrates two sources connected to DB9 ports A and B. The two sources have access to three devices connected to the DB9 ports, 1, 2 and 3. The backup channel is line 3 which is a shared resource between Source A and Source B. You can see the six combinations (A-1, B-2), (A-1, B-3), (A-2, B-1), (A-2, B-3) (A-3, B-2), (A-3, B-2) in the diagram below.
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL Manual Data Network Switches are available for export.