Video Conference Room Switch, RJ45 Cat5e
Model 5542 7-Channel 3-State CDIC/ISDN/OFFLINE RJ45 Cat5e/ISDN Switch
Ideal for secure conference room communication applications!
- Custom labeling available, call us with your requirement 401-943-1164!
PORT CONNECTORS: (7) RJ45 female connectors labeled IN and (7) RJ45 female connectors labeled OUT.
FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (1) Three-position keylock actuator labeled CDIC, OFFLINE, and ISDN.
DISPLAY: (3) Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
STATUS PORT: (1) DB9 (F) Custom Contact Closure Monitor and Power Input port allows linking the Model 5542 switch to a remote color graphic display unit, Model 5543, which indicates switch position: CDIC, ISDN, and OFFLINE.
POWER: No power required to operate the switch. Power for LED's provided from connection to the Model 5543 Display Unit.
DIMENSIONS: 19" W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D.
(48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
WEIGHT: 4.5 lbs. (2.1 kg)
CONFERENCE ROOM COMMUNICATION APPLICATION: The drawing illustrates in the CDIC position, Cat5e Channel One is ONLINE and Channels 2 - 7 are isolated. In the ISDN position, Channels 2 -7 are ONLINE and Cat5e Channel 1 is isolated. The OFFLINE position isolates all 7 channels. The switch positions are displayed on the Model 5543 Display Unit. The switch and display are connected by a cable, Cat No. 986854 (feet).
The Model 5542 7-Channel 3-State CDIC/ISDN/OFFLINE RJ45 Cat5e/ISDN Switch allows the user the capability of connecting two separate devices, ports IN and OUT, via an Online or Offline connection, for each channel. In the CDIC position, Channel 1 is Online. In the ISDN position, Channels 2-7 are Online. Users can link this model to the Model 5543 CDIC/ISDN/OFFLINE Display Indicator unit for a robust conference communications switching system. The Model 5542 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, black anodized chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Certified for Cat5e compliance on Channel 1 only.
- The following pins are switched:
- Channel 1: All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface.
- Channels 2-7: Pins 3-6 of the RJ45 interface.
- Unit switched via front panel keylock actuator.
- Unit connects/isolates as follows:
- CDIC position: Channel 1 connects ports IN and OUT, Channels 2-7 isolated.
- OFFLINE position: All channels isolated.
- ISDN position: Channels 2-7 connect ports IN and OUT, Channel 1 isolated.
- Status port for linking switch system unit to the Model 5543 CDIC/ISDN/OFFLINE Display Indicator unit.
- Front panel LED's on Model 5542 display the position status of unit when linked to a powered Model 5543 unit.
- The position of the Model 5542 will follow the keylock actuator position at all times.
- Key can only be removed from actuator in the OFFLINE position.
- No power is required to operate unit.
Model 5542 Switch shown with the Model 5543 Display Indicator Unit.
Custom Network Switches are available. Contact us by phone, email, or complete the Online Custom Products Form. /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL Secure Offline Switches are available for export.