Path Way® Board-Only Network Switch
PathWay® Model 4002 Single Channel A/B Switch, Slave Board Only
- DISPLAY: Supplies signals to drive customer's external LED's to display switch position and power status.
- DIMENSIONS: (Board), 7.5" W x 0.8" H x 6.0" D. (19.1 x 2.0 x 15.2 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 0.6 lb (0.3 kg)
- POWER REQUIREMENTS:
- Voltage: 12 VDC
- Current: 150mA (peak), 20mA (nominal)
- Power to be supplied by user.
- SIGNAL PORT INTERFACES:
- (3) 50-Pin .1" x .1" signal ports (A, B, and COMMON)
- SIGNAL PORT RATINGS:
- 0.6A, 125VAC
- 1A, 30 VDC
- MANUAL CONTROLS AND INDICATORS:
- (2) LED footprints (5VDC through 1.2 ohm resisitor)
- (1) Pushbutton footprint (momentary contact closure)
MODEL 4001/4002 APPLICATION: Operating as a mutally exclusive pair.
The drawing illustrates the Model 4001 Master board connected to the Model 4002 Slave board as a mutally exclusive pair via the .1" x .1" interface. Each board (Master and Slave) has a COMMON Equipment connected to the 50-Pin COMMON port with access to Equipment A and Equipment B, each connected to the 50-Pin A and 50-Pin B ports. Each board can be used as a standalone application as well.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Pins 1-41, and 50 of the 50-pin .1" x .1" interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power up, if the B position is sensed to be unavailable, the unit will automatically switch to the A position.
- Can be used as a pair, allowing only one unit to be in the B position at a time.
- Can be used in a standalone application with a jumper installed.
- Front panel pushbutton control (pushbutton) not provided. The pushbutton for each board (Master and Slave) may be located locally or remotely to control position of the switches.
- Pin 50 of the 50-Pin .1" x .1" interface can be used for Remote Contact Closure position monitoring.
- Customer supplied LED's display present position and power status. (Signals for the LED's are provided)
The PathWay® Model 4001 Single Channel A/B Switch, Master, can operate singly (standalone) or as a pair (master & slave) with the PathWay® Model 4002 Single Channel A/B switch, Slave unit. Each unit allows the user the capability of sharing 42 pins of the device connected to the Common port among two other devices connected to the A and B ports.
The units accept contact open/close signals from any external pushbutton switch to control the sharing function (switching the 42 pins from Common to either A or B). The units supply output signals indicating whether the switch is in the A or B position. Board signals also drive the customer supplied LED display.
When the Models 4001 and 4002 are used as a pair, only one unit is allowed to be in the B position at any given time. When used as a standalone, a jumper must be installed in order to allow the unit to switch to the B position.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.