DB9 Manual Network Switch, Rotary Switch
Model 8092 DB9 A/B Switch, MMF Connectors, Manual, with Desktop Mounting Brackets
- Adds efficiency to network; allows sharing of ANY DB9 interface devices.
- Made in USA
- CONNECTORS: (2) DB9 (M) labeled A and B. (1) DB9 (F) port labeled COMMON.
- CONTROL: (1) Rotary switch on front panel selects A or B.
- PINS SWITCHED: All 9 pins switched.
- POWER: No power required.
- ENCLOSURE: Desktop Aluminum Enclosure with rugged mounting brackets.
- DIMENSIONS: 7.28" W x 2.05" H x 7.81" D. (with brackets)
(18.5 x 5.2 x 19.9 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.1 lbs (0.5 kg)
DB9 MMF A/B SWITCH APPLICATION: The diagram illustrates a DB9 manual switch with two DB9 male port connectors labeled A and B, and one DB9 female port labeled COMMON. A device connected to the DB9 female COMMON port shares among two other devices connected to the DB9 male A port and the DB9 male B port.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two DB9 interface devices from one COMMON device.
- Manual operation via front-panel rotary switch.
- High quality sealed switch with self-wiping low impedance contacts.
- Desktop configuration with rugged mounting brackets.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- All (9) pins of the DB9 interface are switched via break-before-make rotary switch.
- The A and B port connectors are DB9 male.
- The COMMON port connector is DB9 female.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Improves computer network efficiency by allowing sharing of peripherals.
- No external power required.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Also available with all Female connectors. See Model 8093, Cat. No. 304390..
- Custom length DB9 cables available for your switch application..
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
The Model 8092 allows the user to access two DB9 devices connected to the A and B ports from one DB9 device connected to the COMMON port. Switching between devices A and B is quick and easy via the front panel rotary selector - No need to plug and unplug cables; no chance for network reconfiguration errors. The Model 8092 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure outfitted with rugged mounting brackets.
|Custom Length DB9 cables available for your switch installation.
State cable length (in Feet) when ordering.
|| DB9 F/F, 9-Conductor Unshielded PVC Cable
|| DB9 M/F, 9-Conductor Unshielded PVC Cable
|| DB9 M/M, 9-Conductor Unshielded PVC Cable
Custom Network Switches are available. Contact us by phone, email, or complete the Online Custom Products Form. /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL Manual Data Network Switches are available for export.