QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, SC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 4192 Fiber Optic SC Duplex A/B/C/D/Off-Line Switch, with Remote, Rackmount
- PORT CONNECTORS: (5) SC Duplex Fiber Optic connectors on rear panel,
A, B, C, D, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (5) pushbuttons allow switch selection A, B, C, D or Off-Line.
- DISPLAY: (5) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts voltage excitation
remote control signals.
- POWER: UL approved wall mount 120VAC, 60Hz power module supplies
12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration 19" W x 3.5" H x 8" D. (48.3 x 8.9 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 5 lbs. (2.3 kg)
FIBER OPTIC SC DUPLEX A/B/C/D/OFFLINE APPLICATION: The SC Duplex 100BASE-FX Auto Fallback block diagram illustrates an external OFF-LINE position, as well as, the A, B, C, and D positions. A fiber optic device connected to the COMMON port has access to four fiber optic networks connected to the the A, B, C and D ports, or be completely disconnected from all output ports in the OFFLINE position. A workstation connected to the DB9 Remote port allows the user access to select positions A, B, C, D or OFFLINE remotely. Applying the appropriate voltage to the desginated pins of the DB9 REMOTE connector will cause the switch to change position.
QuickSwitch 4192 Features:
- Access any one of four separate fiber optic networks from one computer.
- Local control via five front panel pushbuttons, A/B/C/D, and OFF-LINE.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Remote Control via voltage excitation applied to designated pins
of the DB9/Female Remote port connector.
- MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology supports Gigabit data rates.
- Bit-rate and data transparent.
- Optical data throughput scalability.
- All fiber ports are SC duplex, multimode, 62.5/125 micron and support a wavelength of 850 nm.
- OFF-LINE switch position stops any and all data throughput for the unit.
- If power is lost, the unit will automatically switch to the OFF-LINE position and decouple all fiber optic connection in and out of the unit.
- When power is restored, the unit will automatically read the voltages on the Remote port
and look to the pushbutton activity to select its switch position.
- Installs in standard 19" equipment rack.
- Custom length, rigorously tested and certified, SC Duplex fiber optic cables available
for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The QuickSwitch® 4192 fiber optic network switch allows a fiber optic device connected to the SC duplex COMMON connector of the unit to access any of four fiber optic networks connected to the A, B, C or D ports, or to disconnect completely from all output ports. The switch position can be changed either by depressing the desired front panel A/B/C/D/Off-Line pushbuttons, or by a device connected to the Remote port. Applying appropriate voltage to designated pins of the Remote connector will cause the switch to change position.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details.
TO READ THE ARTICLE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view this file.
QuickSwitch® ® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our On-Line Custom Fiber Optic Switch Form: /Products-Custom/Fiber-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all of your Fiber Optic Cable requirements. Please click here to reach our Fiber Optic Cable Categories Webpage:
/Products-By-Category/?catid=33&category=Cables, Fiber Optic Network&filter=
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.