Network Media Converters
Fiber 232® Model 4107 F07 (POF) Fiber/RS232 Converter
Provides Electrical-to-Optical, Optical-to-Electrical Conversion.
Plastic Optical Fiber interface provides immunity to electromagnetic interferences and pulses common to industrial applications.
Totally eliminates ground loops and noise problems associated with high-voltage applications.
Ideal for providing isolation to sensitive test equipment/computers and used in conjunction with electrostatic test simulation devices.
F07 (POF) FIBER to RS232 DB9 CONVERSION APPLICATION:
The Model 4107 is connected from the DB9 RS232 to a computer or Sensitive Monitor Equipment (Protected Devices) and from the F07 (POF) connector to an Electrostatic Test Simulation Device (Electrical Interference Source) which provides galvanic isolation via copper-to-fiber media conversion.
Model 4107 Application:
The Model 4107 F07 (POF) Fiber/RS232 Converter is used to provide copper/fiber media conversion between an RS232 interface device and a plastic optical fiber (POF) interface device. While the RS232 is versatile communication standard, conversion to a fiber optic communication standard allows data transmission that is no longer susceptible to electrostatic or electromagnetic fields. Additionally, the ports of the connected devices are protected from damage by potential differences (ground variations) that often exist between them.
- Plastic Fiber: (POF)
- Cable Type: 1 mm plastic optical filament
- Wavelength: 660 nm (red).
- Transmission Distance: 75 m (250 ft.) (POF).
- Data Transfer Rate: Up to 1 Mbps.
- Optical Fiber Connector: F07 (POF) Full Duplex (TX, RX).
- RS232 Serial Interface:
- Transmission Distance: At 115.2Kbps, 100 meters using low capacitance cable.
- RS232 Connector: DB9 Female.
- External Power Supply (included with Model 4107):
- 100-240 VAC @ 50-60 Hz. UL Listed, RoHS, LPS (Cat No 529954)
- Dimensions: 5.57" x 2.25" x 1.13" (141mm x 58mm x 29mm).
- Weight: Approximately 0.5 LB. (226 grams).
- Status: Red LED indicates Fiber RX Data Activity, Green LED indicates Fiber TX Activity.
F07 POF Fiber / RS232® FEATURES:
- Converts RS232 Serial Communication Interface to Fiber (POF) Interface.
- RS232 copper connection via DB9 Connector.
- Plastic Optical Fiber connection via F07 Fiber POF Connector.
- Provides full galvanic isolation (no metal connection) between connected devices.
- Full duplex connection between F07 fiber optic interface device and an RS232 interface device.
- Allows interference-free fiber optical transfer of data to the device having an RS232 interface.
- Data transfer rate up to 1Mbps.
- Fiber connections via full duplex F07 connector.
- Model 4107 is configurable for use as DCE or DTE. It is factory configured as a DCE unless otherwise specified with order. To reconfigure the unit to a different setting in the field, jumpers on board must be changed.
- LED Status indicators display data transfer activity.
- Provided with external wall mount power supply, UL Listed, RoHS, LPS.
|Model 4107 DTE
|| Model 4107 DCE
| DB9 Pin#
|| ← IN
|| → OUT
To view more of Electro Standards' Media Converters, click here: Interface Converters.
|F07/F07 Plastic Core Cables
|| CATALOG NUMBER
| 20 FEET
|Length in Feet
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our FIBER OPTIC CABLES Webpage, or our COPPER NETWORK CABLES Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online custom product request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: Convertisseurs d'interface, Interfaz de Convertidores, Convertitori di interfaccia, Mediakonwertery, Conversores de Interface.