QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch / Converter
QuickSwitch® 4183 ST Duplex A/B 100 Base FX - 100 Base TX Switch/Converter
- PORT CONNECTORS: (2) ST Duplex female connectors labeled A, and B.
(1) RJ45 female connector labeled COMMON.
- WAVELENGTH: 1300 nm.
- Front Panel Controls: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 110/120 VAC, 60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit.
- DESKTOP: 7.5" W x 2.0" H x 7.0" D. (19.0 x 5.0 x 17.8 cm)
- WEIGHT: 3.8 lbs (1.7 kg)
ST DUPLEX A/B 100 BASE FX TO 100 BASE TX SWTICH CONVERTER APPLICATION: The diagram illustrates a COMMON device connected to the RJ45 100 Base TX Fast Ethernet COMMON port with access to two Fiber Optic Networks, each connected to the ST Fiber Optic 100 Base RX ports, converting and passing data to and from the 100 Base TX port. A DB9 Remote port can be used to control the switch / converter remotely using ASCII RS232 commands.
- Built in fiber optic / copper medium conversion allows access to two separate fiber optic ST ports (ports A and B) from a Fast Ethernet RJ45 port.
- Front panel pushbutton changes the switch position eliminating the need to plug and unplug fiber optic patchcords.
- Switch position displayed on front panel LED's.
- DB9/Female RS232 REMOTE port for remote control applications.
- A & B port ST Duplex, 1300 nm, 100 Mbps multimode.
- COM port RJ45 100-Base-TX.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product on GSA Schedule!
- For a Ruggedized-for-vibration version of the QuickSwitch® 4183, see QuickSwitch® 4173, Cat No 303173.
The QuickSwitch® 4183 ST Duplex A/B 100 Base FX to COMMON 100 Base TX switch allows the user the capability of accessing two separate fiber optic 100 Base FX ports from a 100 Base TX port. The switch is fully compliant with the 802.3 micron 100 Base TX/FX standard. The switch may be controlled manually via a front panel pushbutton or remotely from an RS232 Serial port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position status may be attained via the front panel LED display or the Remote RS232 Serial port located on the rear of the unit.
Model 4183 SWITCH/CONVERSION OPERATION:
100 Base FX A/B Ports: Ports "A" and "B" are 1300nm, ST Duplex, Multimode, 100 Base FX fiber optic ports. The selected fiber optic port will convert and pass data to and from the 100 Base TX common port.
100 Base TX Common Port: The Common Port is a 100Base TX Fast Ethernet port. The 100 Base TX "Common" port will convert and pass data to and from the selected 100 Base FX port "A" or "B".
Switch Control: The switch position may be controlled manually via a front panel pushbutton located on the front of the unit, or remotely from a remote RS-232 serial port located on the rear of the unit. To switch manually simply press the front panel push button and the switch will change to the new selected position as indicated by the front panel LED's. Remote switching of the unit is done through an RS-232 (DB-9) serial port located on the rear of the QuickSwitch® 4183, which may be connected to any standard RS-232 port on a computer. The computer once connected to the Remote port may use any common terminal emulation software to access the Remote port on the QuickSwitch® 4183.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA terms.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Fiber Optic Cable requirements. Please click here to reach our Fiber Optic Cable Webpage.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email:email@example.com, or complete our Online Custom Fiber Opatic Switch Form.
All ESL products are available for export.
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.