Unique DB25/X.21 BIS Interface A/B Switch Receives Worldwide Acclaim
August 25, 2010
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The PathWay® Model 7231 2-position switch allows the user the capability of sharing a DB25/X.21 BIS Interface device connected to the Common port connector between two other X.21 BIS Interface devices connected to the A and B ports.
This AB switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton
or remotely from a DB9 female serial interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. Remote control includes the ability to set a delay time between pushing the front panel pushbutton and the actual changing of the switch position.
Manual switching is achieved by simply pressing the front panel pushbutton. The switch will change to the newly selected position as indicated by the front panel LED's. The user may set a Duration Time which will require the operator to hold down the pushbutton for a period of time before the actual change of switch position occurs. If the pushbutton is released prior to the Duration Time, the unit will not change switch position.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two DB25/X.21 BIS Interface devices from one COMMON device.
- Switches all 25 pins of the DB25 interface.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- Remote control port allows off-site monitoring and switch management.
- The REMOTE port accepts RS232 Serial Data ASCII commands for switch position control and monitoring.
- Front panel pushbutton control can be locked out remotely.
- Remote commands to set pushbutton-position change delay value.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Retains last switch position in the event of a power loss and continues to pass data.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- A wide range UL approved power module is supplied with the unit (100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz) to cover North American and European applications.
- Custom length DB25 cables available for your switch installation.
- Port Connectors: (3) DB25 (F) connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- Front Panel Control: (1) Manual pushbutton allows for local switching.
- Display: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Remote Control: (1) DB9(F) connector on rear panel accepts RS232 Serial Data for remote control operation.
- Power: UL approved 100VAC / 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. This is a wide range power module to cover North American and European Applications.
- Dimensions: Desktop, 7.75" W x 7.0" D x 2.75" H.
- Weight: Approximately 2.5 lbs. (1.1 Kg)