Model 7394 Single Channel Cat6 RJ45 OnLine/OffLine Switch with Contact Closure
Certified for Cat6 Compliance
Absolutely NO data passes through the switch when in OffLine Position.
The Ultimate Firewall!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (2) RJ45 female shielded connectors, labeled A and COM.
- COMPLIANCE: Interface meets or exceeds Cat 6 performance.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Red LED’s display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts Contact Closure switch commands for Remote Control Operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0” W x 1.75” H x 8.12” D.
- (48.3 x 4.4 x 21.0 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.1 lbs. (1.9 kg)
MODEL 7394 RJ45 CAT 6 ONLINE/OFFLINE APPLICATION wCONTACT CLOSURE REMOTE:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON DEVICE connected to the COM port with access to Device A connected to the A port. There is an OFFLINE position and when the unit is in OFFLINE Position, no data passes. The Unit has a DB9 Remote port than can be used to control the Model 7394 via Contact Closure Commands.
- Allows quick connection or disconnection between two Cat6 RJ45 networks or devices.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Upon power up, unit switches based on state of Contact Closure.
- Upon power loss, unit switches to Off-Line position.
- Contact Closure Remote.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote Contact Closure control provides dry contact logic to allow the control of the switch position and lockout state as well as status.
- A pulse to close contacts across Pin 4 and Pin 5 of the DB9 Remote port causes the unit to switch between OnLine and OffLine positions.
- When Pin 1 is shorted to Pin 2 the front panel will lockout.
- Remote status provided via Pin 7 and Pin 8. When pins are shorted the unit is in OnLine position and when open the unit is in OffLine position.
- Front panel LED’s display present position and power status.
- Certified for Cat6 compliance.
The PathWay® Model 7394 RJ45 Cat6 Online/Offline Switch with Contact Closure Remote allows the user the capability of connecting two separate devices, ports A and COM, via an Online or Offline connection. The Model 7394 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19” rack.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED's or by a set of dry contacts on the Remote DB9 port.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.