About Electro Standards Laboratories
Electro Standards Laboratories – Advanced Systems Design & Services
Electro Standards Laboratories (ESL), Cranston, RI, has an extensive track record of technological advancements: state-of-the-art fiber optic switches, complex fiber optic cable assemblies, calibration-quality strain gauge and LVDT indicators, ultra capacitors, hybrid ultra capacitor / battery power systems, and advanced motor controls with application to aircraft launch and arrest systems.
Their GSA Schedule, GS-35F-0286V, offers a wide range of data network switches to facilitate government procurements. Electro Standards Laboratories is a Prime Contractor on Seaport-e, Contract No. N00178-14-D-7265.
The phone rings constantly with requests that begin with "I have a need to. . . ." With experienced sales people, combined with an engineering staff that consistently draws from their expansive knowledge base, ESL will routinely customize existing products such as data switches, load cell instrumentation, data acquisition instruments, and copper/fiber cables to meet a customer’s specific needs, including military applications, ensuring the best solution for their application.
Areas of Excellence:
- Products: Data network switches, interface converters and cable assemblies. Data acquisition, lithium ion capacitor cells and multi-cell modules.
- Data Network Design and Installation Services: Chain store rollouts and gaming network and video lottery terminal (VLT) installation. Commercial, government and military installations.
- R&D Contract Engineering Services: Innovative solutions for hybrid electric vehicles, electromagnetic aircraft launch system, sensorless linear motor/motion control, power control and ocean energy harvesting systems. Innovative products developed for commercial and government.
- Copper Network Switches include manual, Pathway® remotely controllable, and IP addressable.
- QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switches are designed for all interfaces.
- Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) or Customized Copper Network Cables
- Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) or Customized Fiber Optic Network Cables
- State-of-the-art Interface Converters
- HP Fiber Repeater with RS-232 Traffic Monitor Port
- Custom and standard network repeaters for commercial, industrial and military applications.
- Smart Load Cell and LVDT Indicators.
- CellMite® Intelligent Digital Signal Conditioners.
- Tensile Tester Clamps, Grips & Fixture
- Lithium Ion Capacitor Cells and Multi-Cell Modules
Network Design, Installation and Certification Services
ESL Network Services designs and installs sophisticated data, telephone and fiber optic systems in the northeastern United States, as well as national and international satellite locations via our certified installer network.
- BICSI certified RCDD’s on staff to assist during all phases of design.
- Expertise in interior premise wiring, underground wiring, and pole-to-pole installations.
- Install copper, fiber optic, and wireless infrastructures for voice, data, video, sound and security systems.
- Chain store rollouts, multi-site, multi-state.
- Video lottery terminal (VLT) and gaming network installation.
- Sentry Monitoring System to monitor your LAN 24 x 7.
- Secure Access Systems for the protection of your building.
ESL Network Services brings years of experience and extensive knowledge of diverse technologies to your design-build project. Our consultative services support all networking and communications projects. This experience in all aspects of network infrastructure places ESL Network Services in a unique position in design and consulting services.
ESL Network Services' project teams include BISCI certified RCDD's, data and voice communication expertise, construction knowledge and project management experience. We provide the level of expertise necessary to insure your project's design criteria will be met.
ESL Network Services has experience in construction, data and voice communications, network design, outside plant cabling projects, both aerial and through conduit systems. Network implementation strategies and phasing in schemes for a newly installed system are all areas where our teams can meet or exceed your expectations.
ESL Network Services is the one-stop shop for all network requirements.
- Commercial, Residential, Retail and Military Solutions
- Educational Facilities
- Voice, Data Fiber, CATV Wiring, Sound
- RCDD Consulting Services
- LAN and WAN Equipment
- Sentry Monitoring System
- Security Systems
- Multi-Site, Multi-State Rollouts
- Building Service Contractors
R&D Cutting-Edge Contract Engineering Services
Electro Standards Laboratories (ESL) Contract Engineering Services Group has the ability to devise a solution and carry it from theory to product design, to manufacturing, testing, installation and operation. ESL's cutting-edge engineering solutions are based on over 30 years of technological experience and thousands of real-world applications. Because ESL has its own manufacturing capabilities, the ESL Engineering Services Group can design, build, and deliver custom products for each project in prototype or production quantities. This guarantees functionality and performance along with unsurpassed quality control.
ESL's R&D Engineering Services Group is significantly involved in a number of projects including Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch Systems (EMALS), hybrid electric vehicles and precision instrumentation. The ESL Engineering Services Group works as an extension of its client's R&D team and works from theory to simulation, design, development, programming, etc., to develop working systems. Electro Standards develops innovative products for commercial, industrial, and military applications.
ESL's R&D Engineering Services Group is involved in the design of Ocean Wave Energy Harvesting Systems designed for Sensor Buoys. The targeted applications for this technology include:
- Recharging Stations for UUV (unmanned underwater vehicles)
- Replacement for Solar Power
- Augmentation of Solar Power
- Elimination of Batteries
- Sonar Listening Stations
- Weather Monitoring Buoys
- Wave Monitoring Buoys
- Tsunami Warning Stations
- Port Monitoring Buoys
- Hybrid Battery/Super Capacitor Systems
ESL is addressing the need for extended operation of autonomous sensor buoys or other remote ocean platforms. Many existing remote ocean-based platforms currently are powered by batteries or by batteries in combination with solar power. As a solution to augment or replace any of these electrical-power-providing systems deployed in the ocean environment, power harvesting from ambient ocean wave energy becomes a natural and viable option.
Collaboration with the University of Rhode Island (URI) has produced two concept designs to address these needs. One concept is a direct drive system which provides power from the differential motion between the buoy float and a submerged resistant plate. The other concept is a resonant drive system which amplifies the generator' armature motion at the peak period of the sea state.
Scale model testing has been performed in the URI Department of Ocean Engineering wave tank as well as at the mouth of Narragansett Bay in Rhode Island. ESL model simulations have shown good agreement with scale model tests.
ESL's R&D engineering consultants have been involved in embedded controls, sensorless motor controls, multi-level inverters, controls modeling and simulation for motor drive systems, energy storage, and energy harvesting. ESL's R&D group is versed in using many types of DSP/microcontrollers to implement controls including TI DSP TMS320C3X, TMS320F24XX, TMS320C67XX, ADSP Sharc, Motorola 68HCxx, Infineon DSPs, 8xCXX, and more. ESL's R&D engineering group has designed structural controls to reduce bending or vibrations, PI controllers, advanced LQG, H-inf controllers, sliding mode controllers and much more.
ESL's engineering design team is also involved in precision instrumentation products involving strain gage or LVDT sensors, MIL spec cables and high-density fiber optics.
ESL is a Prime Contractor on Seaport-e Program, Contract # N00178-14-D-7265.
ESL is a subcontractor on the Seaport-e Program. Partnering with ESL are the following companies:
- Advanced Technology and Research (ATR)
- General Dynamics Information Technology, Inc. (GDIT)
- Raytheon Technical Services
- Engineering Systems Solutions, Inc. (ESS)
- GBTI Solutions, Inc.
Contact ESL at 401-943-1164 for assistance. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.