Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB25
Model 7212 DB25 Interface A/B Switch with Serial Remote Control
Provides backup switching to your critical data links.
Applicable to switching ANY DB25 Interface Device.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 (F) connectors labeled A, B, and COM ports.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control Operation.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Front panel pushbutton allows selection of switch position.
- DISPLAY: (2) LED's on front panel indicate switch position and power status.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.2" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.9 cm)
- WEIGHT: 4.3 lbs. (2.0 kg)
DB25 FALLBACK APPLICATION w/SERIAL REMOTE:
The drawing illustrates data equipment connected to the DB25 COMMON port with access to two locations. The Main Location is connected to the A port (Primary Line) and the Backup Location (Backup Line) is connected to the B port. The diagram also shows a DB9 Remote port which allows the user to control the switch position and lockout the front panel control using RS232 Serial data commands.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two DB25 devices from one COMMON DB25 device.
- Ideal for fallback applications.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (25) pins of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Custom length DB25 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7212 Remotely Controllable DB25 Interface A/B Network Switch allows the user the capability of sharing a single DB25 interface device connected to the Common port among two other devices connected to the A and B ports. The Model 7212 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The PathWay® Model 7212 network switch may be controlled manually via a front panel pushbutton or remotely from an RS-232 serial port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position status may be attained via the front panel LED display or the Remote RS232 serial port located on the rear of the unit.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.