Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5e, RJ45
Model 7346 RJ45 CAT 5e A/B Switch with Remote Control via Contact Closure
Shielded RJ45 Connectors reduce Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
Provides Cat5e Performance!
Switches all 8 pins. Allows compatibility with ALL RJ45 interfaces.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45(F) shielded connectors, A, B, and COMMON.
- COMPLIANCE: Interface meets or exceeds Cat 5e performance.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton to select port A or B.
- DISPLAY: (2) Red LED's display switch position and power status.
- SUPERVISORY REMOTE PORT: (1) DB9(F) connector on rear panel accepts Dry Contact Closure for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wallmount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount Configuration: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.2" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.9 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.3 lbs (2.0 kg)
CAT5e SHIELDED RJ45 A/B SWITCH APPLICATION WITH CONTACT CLOSURE REMOTE:
The application drawing illustrates a single channel of Cat5e shielded RJ45 connectors labeled A, B and COMMON. A Network connected to the COMMON port has access to Network A and Network B connected via the Shielded RJ45 port A and Port B. A DB9 REMOTE port can be used to control the switch via Contact Closure commands.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two devices from one COMMON device.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Certified for Cat5e compliance.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- The Remote Control port accepts Dry Contact Closure commands for switch position control and front panel lockout.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Ideal for fallback applications.
- Retains last switch position in the event of a power loss and continues to pass data.
- If power is returned, the Model 7346 will check the setting of the Contact Closure Remote and move to that setting.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
The PathWay® Model 7346 RJ45 Cat 5e A/B Switch with Contact Closure Remote allows the user the capability of accessing two separate devices connected to ports A and B via connection through a device connected to the Common port. The Model 7346 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED display.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
PathWay® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All ESL products are available for export. Electro Standards welcomes business from International companies: commutateur de réseau, conmutador de red, switch di rete, przelacznik sieciowy , switch de rede, nätverksswitch.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.