Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5e, RJ45
Model 7307 Tri-Channel RJ45 Cat 5e A/B Switch with Telnet and GUI
Quickly and easily switch all three RJ45 Cat5e channels simultaneously!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (9) RJ45 (F) connectors total (A, B and COMMON for each of three channels)
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Red LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 female connector accepts 10/100 BASE-T LAN Ethernet that uses both Telnet Commands and a GUI Interface for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved wall mount 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration 19" W x 1.75" H x 8" D (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.4 lbs. (2.0 kg)
TRI-CHANNEL CAT5e RJ45 A/B SWITCH APPLICATION w/TELNET & GUI:
The drawing illustrates three channels of A/B switching, simultaneously. Each channel has a COMMON Device connected to the RJ45 COMMON port with access to two devices, Device A or Device B connected to the RJ45 A and B ports, respectively. The RJ45 Remote port is a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet and is password protected with the ability to disable the password protection. There is one Admin-level user which can give access to up to 8 usernames for User-level access. Once logged in, the User-level can control the switch via Telnet Commands or the Graphical User Interface.
- Each channel allows access to two RJ45 Cat5e networks from one COMMON network or device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Simultaneous control of all channels.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet environment. IP Addressable!
- Remote Control Telnet Command Interface and Graphical User Interface that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected, where the password protection can be disabled.
- Password protection supports up to 8 different usernames for user-level access, with a single admin account to manage them all via Telnet Interface or Graphical User Interface.
- Remote Control actions logged by sending time stamped events to a remote SysLog server. User enters internet address of a SysLog and an NTP server to assign time stamp events.
- Enhanced password security imposing a 13-character minimum length password forcing at least a (1) numeric character and (1) special character.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) V2.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Certified for Cat5e compliance.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length Cat5e cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7307 Tri-Channel RJ45 Cat5e A/B Switch with Telnet and GUI allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COMMON port among two other devices connected to the "A" and "B" ports, for each channel. Remote Control access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100BASE-T connection and either Telnet commands or Graphical User Interface. The Model 7307 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC-240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
ETHERNET REMOTE PORT, I.P ADDRESSABLE, WITH GUI, 8-USER LEVEL ACCESS, 1 ADMIN
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7307's LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
LOGGING INTO REMOTE CONTROL GUI
There is no authentication enabled by default. Enable authentication by clicking the "Enable Authentication" button. From the pop-up "Please enter a new admin password and then click "Enable" Button.
See Figure 1 showing the 2-step:
Figure 1: Enable Authentication is step one.
When authentication is enabled, the GUI will prompt for the username and password to be entered before any operation can be done. See Figure 2.
Figure 2: Enabled Log In prompting username and password is step two.
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change position, click the radio button for "A" or "B" as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" radio buttons, respectively.
See Figure 3.
Figure 3: Change the position and lock and unlock front panel operations via the Graphical User Interface.
The Remote Control GUI also provides ways to change the IP address configuration, as well as change passwords, add/delete users, and/or enable/disable authentication entirely and setup Syslog. Only the admin can edit the IP address, add/delete users, and disable authentication and setup Syslog. These admin-only actions are available in the Admin Submenu. See Figure 4.
Figure 4: The Admin-only section is in Admin Submenu.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.