Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, XLR
Model 7298 Tri-Channel XLR Audio A/B Switch, with Contact Closure Remote, 1U Rackmount
- Ideal Network Switch for Radio and TV.
- Applicable to switching professional Audio, Video, and Stage Lighting Equipment.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (2) XLR female connectors labeled A and B for each of three channels. (1) XLR male connector labeled COMMON for each of three channels.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts Contact Closure Signals for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL Approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.30" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 21.1 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.9 lbs. (2.3 kg)
Wide Range Power Option Available:
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
THREE CHANNEL AUDIO APPLICATION: The drawing illustrates three channels of XLR A/B Switching. For each channel one device connected to the XLR COMMON port can access two other devices connected to the XLR A and B ports. The DB9 Remote port accepts contact closure transition signals allowing remote operation of the XLR switch. The application drawing also illustrates simultaneous switching of all three channels as denoted by the dotted red line.
- Each of three channels allows access to two XLR interface
devices from one COMMON XLR device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (3) pins of the XLR3 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power up, the unit will switch based on Remote Contact Closure state.
- Front-panel pushbutton control.
- Simultaneous control of all channels.
- Remote Contact Closure Control provides dry contact logic to allow control of the switch position and lockout state.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length XLR cables available fro your switch installation.
The Model 7298 Tri-Channel XLR A/B Switch with Contact Control Remote Port allows the user the capability of accessing three channels of two separate devices, ports A and B, via connection through a device connected to the COMMON port. The Model 7298 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.