Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB25
Model 7273 DB25 Single Channel A/B Switch with Serial Remote Control Port
Remote port provides switch control based on an ASCII character command set.
Share any DB25 interface, all pins switched.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 female connectors labeled A, B, and COM.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (1) manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL:(1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 serial data for remote control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop: 8.15" W x 2.38" H x 7.27" D. (20.8 x 6.1 x 18.5 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.9 lbs. (0.9 kg)
PathWay® Model 7273 RS232 DB25 APPLICATIONS: RS232 DB25 Sharing Applications, RS232 DB25 Backup Applications with DB9 ASCII RS232 Serial Remote Control.
The drawing illustrates an RS232 Shared device connected to the DB25 COMMON port. The COMMON Device has access to the two RS232 devices connected to the DB25 A and B ports, respectively. The user can access the switch remotely using ASCII RS232 commands via the DB9 REMOTE port.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All 25 pins of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control the switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as query Model number and firmware version number.
- Remote commands to set pushbutton hold duration value for position changes.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB25 cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7273 Single-Channel DB25 A/B Switch provides A/B switching in a low profile, desktop unit. The interface is made up of DB25 female port connectors. The Model 7273 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The Model 7273 allows the user the capability of sharing a DB25 device that is connected to its Common port, between two other devices connected to the "A" and "B" ports.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front-panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 Female Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The user may set a Duration Time which will require the operator to hold down the pushbutton for a period of time, in order to change the switch position. If the pushbutton is released prior to the Duration Time, the unit will not change position. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status. All connections are switched simultaneously for a total of 25 pins switched.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7273 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.