PathWay® Remotely Controllable Network Switch
Model 7251 Tri-Channel RJ45 A/B Switch with RS232 Serial Remote Control
- PORT CONNECTORS: (9) RJ45 (F) connectors total. (A, B, and COMMON for each of three channels)
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton allows local switching of all three channels simultaneously.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved wall mount 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS:Rackmount, 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.24" D (48.3 x 4.4 x 21.0 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.3 lbs. (2.0 kg)
THREE CHANNEL RJ45 A/B APPLICATION w/RS232 SERIAL REMOTE:
The application illustrates three channels. Each channel has a device connected to the COMMON port accessing the A or B port. All three channels switch simultaneously. The switch can be controlled remotely via the DB9 REMOTE using ASCII RS232 Serial commands.
- Each of channel allows access to two RJ45 networks from one COMMON network or device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All 8 pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front-panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 Serial ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status.
- Simultaneous control of all channels.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length RJ45 cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule
The PathWay® Model 7251 Tri-Channel RJ45 A/B Switch with RS-232 Remote allows the user the capability of accessing two separate devices, ports A & B, via connection through a device connected to the Common port for each of the switch’s three channels with remote functionality. The Model 7251 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19” rack.
The switch may be controlled manually via front panel pushbuttons or remotely from an RS-232 serial port located on the rear of the unit.
Switch position states may be attained via the front panel LED displays or the Remote Control RS-232 serial port (DB9) located on the rear of the unit.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
SPECIFICATIONS: USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available! If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7251 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.