PathWay® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB9
Model 7201 DB9 A/B/C/D Switch with RS232 Remote Control, Desktop
Ideal for device-sharing applications such as Audio/Video and Security Camera Monitoring Systems. Applicable to ANY DB9 interface devices.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (5) DB9(F) connectors labeled A, B, C, D, and COMMON.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9(F) connector labeled REMOTE accepts RS232 serial data ASCII commands.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (4) LED's labeled A, B, C, and D display switch position and (1) LED labeled POWER displays power status.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop configuration 8.15" W x 2.39 H x 7.27 (20.8 x 6.1 x 18.5 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 2.1 lbs (1.0 kg)
PathWay® DB9 A/B/C/D APPLICATION WITH RS232 REMOTE:
The diagram illustrates a DB9 interface device connected to the COMMON port sharing among four DB9 interface devices via the A, B, C, and D ports. The DB9 Remote port accepts ASCII RS232 Serial data commands for remote control operation. The RS232 Remote is shown connected to a Remote Management Controller.
- The A, B, C, and D ports can be connected to Audio/Video, Lighting, Security, and other equipment.
- Compatible with most Audio/Video Controller Systems such as AMX A/V Controllers and Creston Programmable Controller.
- Allows quick connection to any one of four devices from one COMMON device.
- Switches all 9 pins of the DB9 interface.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position and obtain switch status, as well as query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch position.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Retains last set position in the event of power loss and continues to pass data.
- Attractive anodized aluminum black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Desktop configuration is standard.
- Custom length DB9 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7201 DB9 A/B/C/D Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single DB9 interface device connected to the COMMON port among four other devices connected to the "A", "B", "C", and "D" ports. The Model 7201 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The Model 7201 can be switched locally by using its front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB9 RS232 serial interface remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC-240 VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Custom length cables are available for quick delivery!
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.