QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, SC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6315 Single Mode Fiber Optic SC Duplex A/B Switch with RS232 Remote & Keylock
Key Lock functionality provides important switch control security
- PORT CONNECTORS: A, B, and COMMON are Fiber Optic Single Mode SC duplex, 9/125 micron.
- WAVELENGTH: 1550 nm
- REMOTE PORT: DB9 female, accepts ASCII RS232 serial data commands for Remote Control Operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DISPLAY: (2) Red, front panel LED's indicate switch position and power status.
- CONTROLS: (1) Pushbutton control on front panel selects A or B switch position.
- (1) Keylock on the front panel selects "Key Pass" or "Off-Line".
- DIMENSIONS: 8.1" W x 2.4" H x 7.7" D. (20.6 x 6.1 x 19.6cm)
- WEIGHT: 1.8 lbs. (0.8 kg)
QuickSwitch® Single Mode Fiber Optic SC Duplex A/B Switch Application w/RS232 Remote & Front-Panel Keylock:
The drawing illustrates a Fiber Optic Network connected to the SC Duplex COMMON port with access to Fiber Optic Network A and Fiber Optic Network B, each connected to the SC Duplex A and B ports, respectively. There is a DB9 REMOTE port to remotely control the fiber optic switch via RS232 ASCII commands. The front panel has a Keylock that allows the user to locally lockout the front panel pushbutton feature by placing the Keylock in the "Off-Line" position.
- Access any one of two separate SC fiber optic networks from one computer or network.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology that allows gigabit data rates.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Keylock switch can disable front panel pushbutton control.
- Key is removable in the "Key Pass" and "Off-Line" positions.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- All A, B, and COM ports are SC duplex, Single mode, 9/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 1550nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
The QuickSwitch® 6315 Single Mode Fiber Optic SC Duplex A/B Switch with RS232 Remote & Keylock allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the COMMON port, among two other devices, connected to the A and B ports, with remote access functionality. The QuickSwitch® 6315 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB9 female Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. Local control can be locked out either by the Remote or by the Keylock. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and the unit power status.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.