QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, LC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6298 All Optic Single Channel LC Duplex A/B Switch with RS232 Serial Remote
Field proven, high reliable.
- PORT CONNECTORS: A, B and COMMON are Fiber Optic Multimode LC Duplex, 50/125 micron.
- WAVELENGTH: 850 nm.
- REMOTE PORT: DB9 female, accepts RS232 serial.
- POWER: Wide Range (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz is included with the unit. Has an IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
- DISPLAY: (2) Red, front-panel LEDs indicate switch position, status, and power.
- CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton control on front panel.
- DIMENSIONS: 8.12" W x 2.42" H x 8.0" D. (20.7 X 6.2 X 20.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: 1.6 lbs. (0.8 kg)
MODEL 6298 LC DUPLEX FIBER OPTIC NETWORK APPLICATION w/RS232 REMOTE CONTROL:
The Fiber Optic Network Application drawing illustrates a fiber optic network connected to the LC Duplex COMMON port accessing two other networks connected to the LC duplex A and B ports, respectively. The DB9 Remote port allows the user to remotely control the switch via ASCII RS232 Serial commands.
- Access any one of two separate LC fiber optic networks from one computer or network.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, query firmware version number, query serial numbers, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology that supports Gigabit data rates.
- The switch reverts to the A position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power restore, the unit will remain in the A position until switched by the user.
- Front-panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- All A, B, and COM ports are LC Duplex, Multimode, 50/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 850 nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified LC fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
- For a similar LC Duplex Fiber Optic Switch, see QuickSwitch® 6280. (62.5/125 micron, 1300 nm)
The QuickSwitch® Model 6298 Single Channel LC Duplex A/B Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the "COMMON" port, among two other devices, connected to the "A" and "B" ports with remote access functionality. The QuickSwitch 6298 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB9 female Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear panel of the unit. The front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
TO READ THE ARTICLE EITHER CLICK THE LINK OR APPLICATION ICON AT TOP OF PAGE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.