QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, LC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6283 Single Channel LC Duplex A/B Switch with Telnet Remote
IP Addressable For Critical Network Alternate-Path Switching!
All Optical Switching!
- WAVELENGTH: 1310 nm.
- FIBER SIZE: 62.5/125 micron.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) LC Duplex connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton allows selection of switch position.
- DISPLAY: (2) Red LED's display switch position and power status.
- SUPERVISORY REMOTE PORT: (1) RJ45 (F) connector accepts 10/100 BASE-T LAN Ethernet (TELNET command interface).
- POWER: UL approved 120VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.5 lbs. (2.04 kg)
QuickSwitch® Model 6283 LC Duplex A/B APPLICATION with Telnet Commands:
The Network application drawing illustrates a COMMON Fiber optic Network switching between two other Fiber Optic Networks connected to the A and B ports. The switch has an RJ45 10/100BASE-T, Ethernet Remote which is IP addressable. Using TELNET commands, the Remote allows the user to control and monitor switch position remotely.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet environment. IP Addressable.
- Remote Control Telnet command interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Remote control of the switch through the telnet command interface is password protected.
- Front panel LED's for display of current position and power status.
- All A, B, and COM ports are LC, Multimode, 62.5/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 1310nm.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified LC fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
The QuickSwitch® Model 6283 Single Channel LC Duplex A/B Switch with Telnet Remote allows a device connected to the COM port access to the A or B port. The QuickSwitch® 6283 fits in a standard 19" rack, taking 1U of rack space. The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the RJ45 Remote Control port located on the rear of the unit. The RJ45 Remote port provides control through telnet commands and allows the user to both control and monitor the switch position remotely.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
To read the article, either click the "Application Note" Icon at the top of page on the right, or click this link: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view this file.
QuickSwitch® ® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our On-Line Custom Product Request Form.
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification. All ESL products are available for export.